28: Surprise, surprise

(Y/n) had been messaging back and forth with her friend for a few days now, and the conversations usually consisted of how the others day is going. It isn't until (F/n) points out a small detail, she realized something might be up with her body. Perhaps side effects that have to do with the fact she has bonded with the symbiote.

She had told (F/n) about her new addiction to chocolate, and how despite her need for it, she usually wound up feeling sick. There was also days where her body seemed to want to do nothing but hurt her. She had terrible cramping pain that made her strain to do almost anything, and even Cletus was starting to notice she seemed off.

‘Are you actually okay? Maybe ask Cletus if symbiotes can have side effects like these. Because if it's not the symbiote, something else might be wrong with you…’ (F/n) had told (Y/n) over a text.

She took in a deep breath, the scent of her cold leather couch filling her senses. She was laying on it, relaxing after another wave of nausea she cursed the chocolate for giving her. The chocolate or the symbiote anyway… The cold felt nice against her body.

“Sure you don't have to go to the doctor, dove?” Cletus asked, leaning over the back of the couch to eye her. “Well actually you wouldn't even need a doctor. I could just have Red jump inside ya and find the problem,” He added.

“Some quality time with Red sounds nice right about now, because this sucks,” She answered, strands of the symbiotes matter easing out of the host to slither her way towards (Y/n).

“Well you're free to do so. I on the other hand will take a quick nap. I hardly slept last night, since you didn't come to bed till three in the morning,” He muttered, (Y/n) cracking a small smile.

“Not my fault you refuse to go to bed at night without me,” She pointed out, running her fingers along the symbiote as it poured itself onto her. She watched the final strand snap off of Cletus, who eyed them both for a long moment before turning away.

“Alright. Don't break anything you two. I'll wake up in a while,” He told the two of them, entering the bedroom. He was assured (Y/n) would be safe with the symbiote coddling her. “Love you!” He called from the bedroom.

“I love you too!” She called back before looking towards the red and black blob on her chest. Most of the symbiote sunk beneath her skin, but some of it formed into a small head with white eyes.

“Hey, Red. You little cutie,” She giggled, scratching the underside of the symbiotes chin. She purred and quickly went to nuzzle her in return. “Awe, you're so sweet.”

“I will check your body quickly, and find what's wrong,” The symbiote told her before heading completely under her skin. It was a strange feeling having Red run through her body, scanning each inch of her form to find whatever it was irritating her body.

Her movement seemed to pause, and a small voice called to her. “Oh,” She softly whispered. “Oh that's interesting,” She purred that sentence, and a warmth filled her mind. She soon figured it was the symbiotes feelings that were echoing in the back of her mind.

Red felt happy and interested, yet a slight spike of nervousness hit her as well. All of these (Y/n) felt clearly on her side of the bond.

“What, Red? What is it? What's so interesting?” She asked, eager to know. She didn't think about the fact that whatever Red found, she was nervous about. She just focussed on the positive emotions instead. Perhaps this was something with a simple fix.

“You are pregnant.”

Everything in (Y/n)s mind froze, leaving a blank slate of shock. Her mouth opened but no words came out. She didn't know what she was supposed to say, so she was silent for a few moments.

“I'm… On the pill, that's not-” She was quickly cut short by Red.

“Which clearly don't work. We were in full form, and symbiotes are different than humans.  Perhaps that had something to do with it. I have also attached to you before. I could have accidently made your body ignore it,” She suggested before purring and manifesting her head again to nuzzle her.

“I… Oh my god…” She whispered, sitting up fully and taking a deep breath. “I'm pregnant, and the father is Carnage… Oh boy,” She spoke to herself, taking a deep breath and releasing it a moment later.  

“Are you going to tell Cletus?” Red asked, tilting her head. She looked almost concerned by (Y/n)s reaction.

“No! No… I'm not ready for that. I'm not ready for any of this! I have only known him for… For… oh god I can't be pregnant yet,” She was starting to panic now, so Red gently massaged her muscles to calm her. She listened to (Y/n) carefully, taking note of this reaction.

“You are afraid he will reject you for this?” Red asked, moving (Y/n) with her tendrils so she was laying down on the couch again, head resting on one of the pillows. “Its his child too. Mine as well.”

“There are many things I'm scared about because of this,” She corrected. “But yes. That's one of the things. Does he even want kids? Or like them?” She then asked nervously.

“We have a child already-”

“Wait what? Oh god was that girl he killed the mother?!” She asked wide eyed, Red hissing at her to lower her voice. “I'm sorry but he has another child?”

“It's mostly mine. But I was bonded to him, which means he too went through the pain of birth and all that,” Red explained, pulling up images of another red and black symbiote from her own memories to show (Y/n). “We… Didn't get along with him. For he tried to kill us. And we tried to kill him. Cletus hated that child, and so do I. But Toxin isn't like this baby. He was pure alien and also bread for the kill.”

“Oh god that's messed up. That is not helping me out here…” She replied, her breathing beginning to pick up into the start of a panic attack. “He's going to hate me. God, maybe he will kill me,” She whined, grabbing onto the cross around her neck. An attempt to calm herself using the comfort of such a sentimental object.

“Hey. (Y/n). You see that mark on your collarbone?” Red asked. She quickly glanced down at the mark left by the fangs of Carnage. “You're our partner, for life. We won't kill you. Not ever,” Red assured her.

“Don't let him know. Please. Just don't tell him. I don't care if you think he won't freak out or try to leave or hurt me. You don't tell him anything,” She ordered the symbiote, who shifted uncomfortably from the command. Keeping secrets from her host was something she hated doing. “He can't know. I'll tell him when Im ready. Okay?”

“Okay… Fine. We will protect this secret for you. That's a promise,” Red told her, running a pink tongue over her cheek. “And for your information, his reaction to a harmless human baby will certainly be different from his reaction to a symbiote baby that wants to murder him,” Red added with a huff.

She sighed softly. “Maybe I'll tell (F/n) and see what she says.”

“Oh, so you're going to tell everyone but the father of the child?” Red asked with a scoff. “I won't tell him if you don't go around telling everyone else you're pregnant,” She added stubbornly.

“Fine! I won't. I'm just nervous,” She said, feeling Red gently nuzzle her under the chin. The symbiote was rather calming to have. “I do really love him, so seeing as I am now carrying something that could potentially end our relationship, it seems like a reasonable reaction.”

“We both love you back,” Red replied with a purr. That at least made (Y/n) smile softly.

“Okay. Just tell Cletus it was something I ate. I'll figure out how to tell him on my own,” She said, Red nodding in agreement. “All right. Then that's all settled…”