3: Sign your life away for me

(Y/n) woke to a cool breeze blowing over her. She shivered and pulled the blanket closer over herself, hoping to ignore it and fight off the chill. Another gust blew in and she peeked opened an eye.

The window was left open, and she blinked in confusion. She was almost certain she had never opened that window yesterday, but she didn't think all that much of it. She just pulled herself up off the bed, keeping the blanket wrapped comfortably around herself as she walked towards the source of why she was so cold..

She let out a yawn as she closed the window, a zap of pain from her collarbone reminding her it was probably best not too move around too much and accidentally open the wound again. She swore the temperature began to rise the second she stopped the breeze.

She turned back to her bed, preparing to sleep in before actually waking up. However, her eyes fell upon a small red box on her bedside table she was almost certain wasn't there before. She slowly picked it up, seeing a small piece of paper sticking out from the corner of the box. She tugged the small paper out and found it was folded. She unfolded it and read out what it said.

My dear (Y/n), I believe this belongs to you sweetie. <3
From: You'll know when you open this.

So she hesitantly opened the box a little creeped out by the message. She gasped and lifted up the cross necklace she had lost while in her struggle against... "Carnage..." She whispered, eyes widening as she looked at the box. "Carnage knows where I live... Oh, I am so dead!"

She clung to the necklace and took in a shaky breath. For what god forsaken reason had Carnage decided to bring the object back to her? Perhaps they planned on toying with their prey until whenever they decided to finish her off. Or maybe they really loved the taste of fear in their victims.

She should have known that once Carnage picks a target, they will stop at nothing to make sure they die by their claws. No way could she have gone back to living her life. The evidence of that was embedded in her skin with the use of black needle sharp teeth.

She clipped the necklace around her neck and felt herself start to swell up with unwanted emotions. "Come on (Y/n)... You're stronger than this! You can't let yourself cry over this. That's what this devil wants from you!" She whined, biting her lip and holding herself. Despite her words, tears streamed down her face. She covered her mouth to silence the sobbs that took over her body.

***

"This is not what I want from you!"

"She isn't supposed to cry! Why is she crying?!" Carnage yelled to themselves, tendrils lashing in frustration. They clung to the wall of another building, peering in through (Y/n)s window. They could see her wiping away the tears from where they were. They let out a loud puff of air. "I even drew a heart on it! I've never drawn a heart in my life!"

"Why would a normal human think?- Oh wait. You know what on second thought, I realize that I probably just terrified her," They muttered, Rorschach eyes widening. "Yeah I guess breaking into a girls house you had previously tried to murder is a little threatening... DAMN IT!"

The symbiote recoiled from Cletus head as he facepalmed, the sharp talons gently scraping his skull. "Alright. This might be harder than I originally thought..."

"Because you're an idiot," Red hissed.

"Shut up! I can fix this! I'll... Um..." He froze trying to think of what he was actually supposed to do now. "Red, help me figure out how to fix it!" He snapped at the symbiote. She just snorted and radiated a feeling of annoyance throughout his body. "You're female! What do other females like?!"