3

Camille

I opened up the message I had received from the unknown number at school, after having spotted it after arriving home from Oli's on Friday.

I had completely let it slip my mind, once drama between a few of my friends caught all my attention and focus.

From: ####: is this camille?

Was the message. I decided to reply as we waited for our History teacher to arrive.

To: ####: Yes. Who is this?

From: ####: michael from friday. you remember me?

It took me a moment to scan through my recollection to figure out exactly who he was.

I felt a few butterflies in my tummy, having really found it intriguing how much he stood out and how good looking he was. He didn't dress like most guys in our school, nor did he seem to act like them. It was refreshing, despite how nervous I had gathered he'd been.

To: Michael: Of course, I remember you! How did you get my number?

He didn't reply, and I supposed maybe whatever class he was in had started.

I wondered what university he went to, and how he had ended up at the same party that I had gone to last Friday. Whatever it was, I found him interesting and possibly a way to get my friends and I invites to university parties.

--

Jason scoffed beside me at our lunch table. I gave him a small smile after reading the message I had just received from Michael.

"Is that the creep from last Friday?" He inquired judgementally, raising his brows and pursing his lips after glancing over at the screen of my phone.

"Don't be rude. He seemed nice," I assured my overly protective friend, "how do you know him?"

"He-"

Before he could continue, Margaret and Robin sat down opposite us with their salads. Oliver wasn't in school today, already having texted me he was sick.

From: Michael: you free tonight?

To: Michael: What's tonight? x

He was very attractive and the immediate pull I had felt towards him was undeniable. Of course, I had been rather wary after noticing how his bruised knuckles, and how he had seemed very intent on finding Oliver in the midst of the crowd.

From: Michael: let's go catch a movie or something. hang out.

"I'm going on a date tonight!" I broke my gaze away from my phone with a squeal. 

I showed the messages to Margaret, Robin and Jason.

"You haven't even replied yet, Cam," Margaret grinned and shook her head at me.

"Oh, right..." I began typing a reply, before stopping and looking up again, "what do I reply with?"

Jason scoffed out again, rudely and without much patience for this.

"You don't even know him, he doesn't go to our school. He could be planning to kill you, for all you know," he rolled his eyes.

I nudged him gently and shook my head with a light smile, "he knows Oliver, so he's not a total stranger. He won't kill me if we go to a public place."

"Smart," Margaret smiled widely and tapped the side of her head with her finger, "just reply with yes, or something. Is he hot?"

"I think so," I returned her smile, ignoring Jason's annoyed huff from beside me, "he's different, and I like that. I want to get to know him."

She urged me to send a reply, insisting it was rude to keep someone waiting as I was now with my pondering.

To: Michael: Sounds fun!

I decided not to send him my address for several security reasons, and instead we decided on a movie and agreed to meet at a movie theatre at the shopping centre close to my school.

"I hope you know you're making a mistake..." Jason shook his head at me.

"Oh, shush, and eat your salad," I hugged his arm, hoping to get him to relax.