23

I had taken a hold of Michael's hand, body as close to his as possible while he lead us into the small house.

Despite its size, the slightly rundown house was very packed, with people stumbling out, clearly on something, while others raved inside.

This whole neighbourhood seemed abandoned, as if everyone had just packed up and left, so the music was way louder than it'd usually be.

I had to admit I was a tad nervous, as the people here were clearly a few years older than me and seemed rather crazy and out of their minds.

"You good?" Michael asked as we neared the porch.

"Yes," I gave him a nod and smile in reassurance, "a little nervous, but it's fine. Are you?"

He just nodded once in reply, focusing back on the house which we then entered.

I was completely blindsided by so many things going on at once. While Michael seemed to greet a few people that came up to him, a pink haired man fell down the stairs. I also heard a loud glass shattering from another room presumably downstairs, before wild cheering erupted.

I was continuously bumped into, and began feeling claustrophobic. He seemed to sense my distress and tugged me to walk along after a quick word with a few people.

I hadn't even had a chance to take everything in until we were on our way upstairs. I couldn't imagine anybody actually living here, it seemed like more of a hangout place. A rather unkept and dirty one, at that. Still everyone here seemed to be having a good time.

Once we arrived upstairs, it only being a small hallway which had a couple people loitering along it, Michael turned to me.

Instead of saying anything, he gave me a quick once over and kissed me. My heart thud loudly at the show of affection and I inched closer to him as I kissed back.

Everything felt calm then.

"M' gonna need a few minutes, sweetness," he murmured against my lips, eyes still closed.

"Mm," I nodded, kissing him again and not truly following what he was saying.

"Stay here. Don't go anywhere, don't talk to anyone," he pulled back abruptly, his dark and intense gaze finding mine.

My brows furrowed, "what? Where are you going?"

I didn't like the thought of being left here alone. I had never spent time with anybody from downtown besides Michael. I didn't feel comfortable here if he wasn't with me.

He grinned lightly and brushed a strand of my hair behind my ear, "you're so hot."

"Oh," I was a little taken aback by his compliment, but ended up giggling, "thank you. You are too."

He leaned in to kiss me once more, free hand finding my waist while mine cupped his strong and prominent jaw.

"I'll be two minutes," he then told me, pulling back way too soon and leaving me wanting so much more.

I sighed and nodded, lost in his deep eyes. I guess I would manage a few minutes...

"Maggie," Michael called out after glancing down the short and dim hallway, "c'mere."