52

"Thank you for coming," I thanked Tony and George awkwardly, despite feeling tired still wanting to talk to them.

If Michael trusted them enough to keep an eye on me, I trusted them too and knew that they had to be close friends of his.

"No problem," George, who was driving replied.

"So, were you two at the gym, or?" I had to ask, their attire still very much on my mind amusing me.

"We had to fit in at the mall," Tony explained, running a hand through his light brown hair.

"Oh," I nodded slowly, trying to process the fact that these two had basically been stalking me from Michael's request. It felt very weird, but knew that my boyfriend only had good intentions when it came to me.

The two didn't seem too talkative, sitting quietly in the front seats while I sat in the much more comfortable back seat of this car in the middle.

I had replied to dozens of concerned texts from my mother, people who worked for us and friends, all asking where I was. It seemed an almost hour long break from my phone at this hour caused worry in a lot of people when I wasn't home or with a friend.

"How long have you two been, uh.. following me?" I wondered as casually as I could, yet it came out very awkwardly and I ended up giggling to myself quietly.

Tony cleared his throat after glancing over at George quickly, "we're not at liberty to say. Michael will explain everything when he gets back."

"Oh, of course," I offered him a small smile before realising he couldn't see it, "do you know exactly when he'll be back? Have you talked to him?"

"He's driving back as we speak," George informed me, not seeming too pleased with all the questions I was asking, "we can't speak for him, you needa ask him this stuff."

"George," Tony shot him a small look at his tone while I remained quiet.

"He'll be back in the city by dawn. I'm sure you'll hear from him the moment he has everything sorted out," Tony explained kindly and I thanked him.

"Yes, thank you, you're right."

Then I began worrying about the fact that Michael was driving a six hour journey without sleep, surely tired enough from his original drive there.

"Do you think I should send a driver to get him?" i carefully questioned, directing it more to Tony since he seemed to be in a better mood than George, "it can't be a very good idea for him to drive now..."

"He'll be fine," Tony assured me with a small glance, "he told us he had everything handled and that we should get you home safely."

"Yes, okay," I gave him a smile as his eyes were on mine, "how long have you two worked for him?"

"We don't necessarily work for him. We're just friends," he explained, "he hired us to take care of a few things when Rob started going off the rails again."

"Rob is Michael's brother?"

"Yes," he nodded while George sighed, growing annoyed, "Mike'll have to tell you the rest, Camille."

"Of course," I agreed, before furthering, "what exactly did he hire you to 'take care of'? It doesn't sound very pleasant, if I'm being honest..."

Tony chuckled lightly, "sorry, I worded it wrong. Nothing bad, I promise. Just to make sure you were good when he couldn't."

I nodded, not having decided yet if it was sweet or a tad creepy. I had to know all the details before deciding.