24

Maggie and I ended up in the midst of everybody and everything, dancing to the pounding music.

I definitely hadn't expected tonight to go like this, but since Maggie and I seemed to get along just fine, I didn't see any harm in it.

The clothes I was wearing weren't the best for this kind of activity, but I made it work. Unlike everyone else here, I was completely sober.

"You ain't so bad," Maggie leaned closer to tell me over the music, a amusement in her voice.

"That's the kindest thing anyone's ever said to me," I replied, smiling widely as she laughed.

"Tell Michael to bring you out more," she then nudged me.

"Definitely," I nodded in agreement, before I felt two large and strong hands moving over my hips.

My movements seized and I was about to elbow whoever this was in their gut, until I caught the delicious scent of his musky cologne with traces of cigarette smoke. Maggie's expression was also quite telling.

"Kept her in one piece for ya," she sent him a wink, "she's great."

"Hey," ignoring his friend completely, I felt Michael's front brush against my back before his lips ghosted along the side of my ear.

I felt myself smiling widely and looked down at my shoes, the dozens of people around us disappearing from my mind.

"Everything okay?" He left a small and slow kiss underneath my ear, causing pleasurable shivers to run down my spine.

I nodded, doubting he could hear me if I spoke. I placed my hands atop his and guided them to move along my body, until his arms had wrapped around my waist.

"Let's get out of here," he murmured, low voice vibrating against my sensitive skin while the torturous and hot kisses he left along it jumbled up my head completely.

I leaned back against him, revelling in the feelings and warmth he gave me, blushing lightly to myself.

Not long after that he took a step back and I turned around to face him. Michael gave me a lopsided grin before taking my hand in his.

Without saying anything to anyone, he lead me out of the small house and towards his car. I was still processing everything that had happened as we got in.

Only once he'd began driving, I spoke.

"That was so freaking fun!" The excitement was clear in my voice, ears a little blocked due to how loud the music had been.

My body was turned to his, admiring how casually he drove and managed to look so hot doing such a simple and everyday task.

"Yeah?" He chuckled, not taking his eyes off the road.

"Maggie was so nice! I really must meet her during the day, when she's sober. You could bring more of your friends and—" I continued, feeling ecstatic for so many reasons.

"I need to ask you something," he cut me off, seeming rather serious all of a sudden.

"Oh, okay. Sure," I nodded, calming down a tad, "what's wrong?"

"Nothing. Just need advice," Michael cleared his throat and shifted in his seat a little.

My heart rate increased at the meaning of this. The fact that he wanted advice from me, whatever it may concern, meant something. I tried to remain as cool and collected as possible, but doubt I exceeded.

"Yes, of course," I smiled lightly to myself, "what is it about? Does it have something to do with social relations? Or your painting? I'm much more of a social expert, but I fully support anything artistic that you do. You should seriously—"