Surprise at the Park

Saturday came around, and it was a nice day outside, giving Valt the impulse to take Blade to the dog park with Shu. The two got ready to go and slipped on Blade's harness and leash, exciting the pup. Blade turned in circles quickly in excitement and it made Shu and Valt giggle at the him.

"Someone's happy to go for a walk."

Valt spoke.

"He knows he's getting to go somewhere. Come on, Blade!"

Shu responded and called for Blade.

-

The three of them made it to the dog park and saw that it was pretty crowded today. They got inside the fence and made sure to close the latch behind them so no one else's dog would get out. There were a lot of dogs, mostly bigger breeds, and Valt wanted to pet them all. Valt laced his fingers with Shu's while they found a place to sit that wasn't so crowded. The boys wanted to keep Blade on his leash and keep him near them at all times, since he was still a pup and didn't want him getting stepped on by a great dane or a St. Bernard.

"Look, there's a spot over there, Shu."

Valt pointed out. The three walked over and sat on a bench that was there, but before Valt sat down, he saw someone that he thought he recognized across the park yard. He stood there for a minute and waited for his eyes to focus better on the person to see if it was who he thought it was.

"Uhh, Valty?? What are you looking at?"

Shu asked, not getting a reply. He tried to see what the blunette was seeing, but Shu had no idea what Valt was looking at.

"No way..."

Valt whispered to himself.

"No..."

"Valt!"

Shu shouted as Valt started making his way over to the figure and was able to make out that he was right about who it was. The blader began getting tears in his eyes as he slowly walked the rest of the way over to the person.

"...Mom??"

The woman turned around quickly, seeing her son that had glossy eyes.

"Valt!"

Chiharu was surprised to see Valt, pulling him into a tight embrace that Valt returned.

"Mom... I-..."

"You don't have to get upset, honey. What are you doing here?"

Chiharu asked, trying to change the subject to ease Valt's mind. He wiped away his tears as he heard a familiar voice calling him from behind.

"Valty! Valt!"

Shu yelled for his boyfriend that had just randomly ran off. He carried Blade while he ran to Valt and put him down when he got to the smaller boy.

"Aww! What a cute puppy! I love shiba inus!"

Valt's mother cooed over Blade. As she did, Shu began to recognize her from their high school graduation. As she stood back up from petting Blade, she also recognized Shu.

"Hello, Shu! How've you been?"

She greeted the albino boy.

"I've been good! Uhh... Valt and I just got this little guy."

He said, gesturing to Blade.

"Actually, he was more so brought to us by one of our friends that had found him."

Valt was still in the process of wrapping his head around just randomly seeing his mom at a park. To anyone else it wouldn't seem so unusual, but it was weird for Valt. The boy missed his mother more than anything, besides his sister. After Shu and Chiharu talked for few minutes, Shu tried to get Valt's attention back.