Indoor Recess

At Nero's school

It was time for recess for Nero's 3rd grade class, they had to have it in the gym due to it pouring rain. The students rushed over to the utility closet, dragging the cart of basketballs, dodgeballs, hool-a-hoops, and other fun toys. Nero spotted the Beyblade stadiums in the closet and walked over to get one out. He was excited to try out his new bey his dads had gotten him. Once he set the stadium on the floor, he announced...

"Hey, I got a Beyblade stadium out if anyone wants to battle me!!"

A few students came running over with their beys and launchers, ready to take on Nero. As the first kid got ready, Nero pulled out his bey.

"Meet Infinite Nova!"

Nero said, introducing he bey for the first time.

"Hmph! Meet my Psycho Kaygor!" ((-shrugs-))

The kid introduced his bey next. Everyone around them began to count down and once they launched the beys, it was on. The two boys rooted and rooted for their own beys, until finally...

"Kaygor wins with a burst finish!"

Their chosen ref said. Nero was upset that he had lost, but he also knew it was his first time ever blading in his life.

"Pfft, that was pathetic. Aren't your fathers Shu Kurenai and Valt Aoi? Two of the best bladers EVER?"

The student he had just lost to said, taunting Nero.

"I... This is my first time really blading!"

Nero defended. He tried his best to not let the teasing get to him, holding back the tears that threatened to gather in his eyes.

"I bet you're just adopted. There's no way you can be that bad at blading and be related to the two most famous bladers."

Nero gritted his teeth at the statement his opponent made. He knew he was definitely Valt and Shu's kid and he wasn't gonna let his opponent, Kai, start rumors saying that he wasn't. Nero clenched his fists and without realizing it, he punched Kai and gave him a bloody nose.

-

Shu and Valt got a call from Nero's school saying that he was in the principal's office in trouble.

"Shu!"

Valt called to his fiance in the other room, putting Valkyrie down for a nap.

"Yeah?!"

"Your son is in the principal's office in trouble!"

Valt said as Shu came in the living room to Valt.

"Oh, he's just my son now?"

"When he's in trouble, yes."

The boys joked.

"Well, I'll see if Wakiya will come babysit V."

Shu sighed as he got his phone out to call the blonde.

-

They got to the school and walked in tue office to see that their son had a black eye and another kid had a bloody nose. Shu kneeled down in front of Nero at eye level.

"Jeez, son. Are you alright?"

Before Nero could answer, Kai jumped in.

"Woah! You're Shu Kurenai and Valt Aoi! You two are so amazing!!"

Kai said as his eyes sparkled with joy.

"How come Nero doesn't have your blading skills? Is he adopted? He's really bad at blading."

"Kai! Get over here and sit down."

Kai's mother demanded. When Valt heard Kai ask those things it hurt him. Nero tucked his knees into himself as he hugged his knees. Valt furrowed his eyebrows when Kai asked those messed up questions.

"Of course Nero isn't adopted. He shares the same blood as Valt and me."

Shu stated as he sat in between Valt and Nero. The principal had come in, seeing Kai and his mother, and Nero with his fathers.

"Alright. Now, I hear that Nero is the one that threw the first punch."

The principal started.

"I did."

Nero confessed. Shu and Valt were glad that their son was honest at least.

"But I didn't know I did. I just snapped because he was saying I'm adopted and that I couldn't be related to my dads and be so bad at blading!"

Nero continued while Kai sat in the corner with his arms crossed in anger.

"I must apologize on my son's behalf, Mr. Kurenai and Mr. Aoi. Kai punched your Nero as well."

Kai's mother spoke.

"I'm sorry for punching you, Kai. I didn't even realize I was about to hit you."

Nero apologized on his own and his fathers were surprised that he did. They knew that Nero was a bit mature for his age.

"Now what do you say, Kai?"

His mother nudged.

"Hmph!"

Kai responded.

-

The three of them walked through the door, finally home. They saw Wakiya and Valkyrie playing on the couch, Wakiya making silly faces at her and making her smile and laugh. Seeing that made Shu's and Valt's hearts flutter.

"Dad, Father, are you mad at me?"

Nero asked, afraid that they were. Both of the champion bladers kneeled down to meet eyes with Nero.

"Son, it wasn't okay that you made the first move, but we do appreciate you being honest and apologizing to that boy on your own."

Valt spoke first.

"We're a little disappointed that you hit first, but other than that, no. You're not grounded or anything. But no more hitting. If someone strikes firat, that's one thing, but don't be the first to strike, understand?"

Shu continued after Valt. Nero nodded his head, telling his dad and father that he understood.

"Good. Now, let's get some ice on that eye. It's so swollen."

Valt said as he and Shu stood up. Nero walked over to Wakiya as he saw him playing with his little sister, getting his attention.

"Uncle Wakiya!"

"Hey, Ner-"

Wakiya cut himself off, seeing his nephew's black eye.

"Oh no, what happened to your eye?"

"A kid at school punched me after I punched him first."

Nero told his uncle.

"Wow... Did you win?"

"Wakiya!!"

Shu shouted at him.

"I'm kidding!"

Wakiya claimed.

---------------
I liked writing this one lol