Baby Nika

Valt was nine months pregnant now and the poor boy was miserable. His back, head, feet, and stomach all hurt him pretty bad. Nika was kicking and punching Valt all the time, not letting the boy sleep when he needed to. Shu was taking the best care of his boyfriend and Valt appreciated every bit of it. A lot of times Valt would get cramps in his stomach and he and Shu assumed they were pre-contractions, like braxton hicks. Valt was up in the middle of the night due to all the kicking his daughter was doing inside him, getting a glass of water when he felt a sudden tickle on his leg. Looking down, he saw Blade, who had grown to be at Valt's knees.

"Hey, Blade. What's up, pupper?"

Valt asked as petted the boy's head. Valt turned around and leaned back against the counter with his hand sitting on the top of his stomach. With Valt having such a small and thinner body, his stomach wasn't as extended as most pregnant people would usually have. Shu always found his pregnant belly adorable and Valt was actually able to see more over it than people thought. Leaning on the counter, Blade stood on his hind legs and sniffed Valt's stomach.

"Heh.. You want her out too?"

Valt said, petting his pup. When Shu woke up and felt that Valt wasn't next to him, he immediately got up and went to see if he was feeling okay. He was relieved when he instantly saw the blunette in the kitchen petting Blade and walked over to them.

"Hey, you two alright?"

Shu asked, referring to Nika too.

"Yeah. Nika won't stop kicking and punching. It's hurting my stomach."

"I thought it was supposed to feel like fluttering when a baby moved around?"

Shu asked, remembering that Nika's movements used to not hurt Valt.

"I call bullshit on that. At the beginning it did feel like fluttering but now it just hurts."

Valt said as he started wincing in pain and laid his head on his arm on the counter, holding the lower part of is stomach.

"Ahh.. Shit.."

He let out, feeling a small but painful contraction.

"You alright? Come on, you need to sit down."

Shu insisted as he grabbed the smaller boy and taking him to the couch. Once he was comfortable, Shu laid next to him and rubbed his stomach as soft as he could, not wanting to get Nika moving again.

"You okay, love?"

Shu asked the blunette. Valt shook his head no as he had his head thrown back and winced at the pain he was feeling. Shu was able to tell that he was about to have an anxiety attack and began to help him.

"Valt, what's wrong, babe?"

"My fucking stomach hurts. She's hurting me so much.."

Shu held Valt's hand with one hand and petted and played with his bangs with the other.

"I know you're hurting, but you can't be mad at her."

"I'm not, I just... I want this kid out of me."

"Well, it's not much long now. Look at it this way, you're her home right now."

Shu said, trying to help his boyfriend feel better.

"Well, I don't wanna be her home anymore. She's fucking up my insides."

"It's gonna be okay, Valty."

-

The following week, Valt was scheduled to have a C-section birth at the hospital and he was a nervous wreck. He was worried about feeling anything the surgeons do, along with Nika's health. Shu was able to talk him down until the doctors came and rolled him to the operating room.

"Wait! Shu!"

"You're okay! I'm right here, I'm gonna be right there with you, Valty."

Everything was set up and Valt was numbed up and holding onto Shu's hand tightly.

"You alright?"

Shu asked Valt.

"Yeah."

"Okay, you're gonna feel some pressure now, Valt."

A doctor told him.

"Aauugh!"

The blunette cried out as he squeezed Shu's hand tightly.

"It's almost over, Valty. Hang in there."

All the blunette could do was keep breathing and squeezing his boyfriend's hand.

-

Valt and Shu were finally able to hold their baby Nika in their arms. Valt was still weak and tired from the medicine, so Shu held their daughter first, and he cooed over her with joyful tears streaming down his face. Valt was already in love with his new born daughter and couldn't take his eyes off of her.

"Valty, you look so worn out, baby. But you did so great with everything. I love you."

The new parents kissed and they couldn't be more excited about finally having their baby in their arms.

-

The three of them were finally home and Valt was still in pain from his procedure. Once they got inside, Valt had to take off his shirt to get some air on the stitches. The blunette felt bad that he wouldn't be able to help Shu with Nika as much as he'd like to, but Shu had insisted that it was fine and that Valt needed to heal up before he did any heavy stuff.

"Valt, you okay?"

Shu asked his partner when he saw him struggling to walk without wincing.

"Yeah. Just hurting is all."

"You need to eat something so you can take a pain pill for your incision."

"Ugh, I'm still full from the weird shit I ate when I was pregnant, heh.."

Valt said, carefully putting his hand on his stomach and near his incision.

"Think you can eat something normal now?"

Shu teased.

"Yeah. You might need to help me."

"You go sit on the couch and I am going to put Nika in her crib real quick."

"Wait, I still haven't gotten to hold her.."

Valt said before Shu took Nika into her room.

"Do you feel okay to hold her now?"

Valt nodded as he sat on the chase and propped himself up with pillows. Shu brought their little girl over to Valt and sat her carrier on the couch. The blunette gently grabbed his daughter and held her in his arms perfectly and admired her tiny features. Valt began to cry at the thought of his sister, thinking of how great of an aunt she would've been.

"Your Aunt Nika would've loved you, baby girl."

Valt spoke to his baby as Shu listened. Shu leaned in and gave Valt a loving kiss on his cheek and wrapped his arm around him.

--------------
I got uncomfortable writing this one cause I'm not a kid person at all and I know nothing about babies or anything. ENJOY!!