Chapter 12

WHAT THE FUCK is up my dudes? How you doing? How's is going? How ya been? How's it hangin? I had rehearsal from 5 to 10 and any break I got I had to do homework.😵 trigger warning *blood and angst*

John's P.O.V
Okay. Awkward again. I feel like there's nothing to do. Just to sit here and wait. For what I don't know. I mean, Alex hasn't really been around New York yet. So why don't I just show him some things?

"Hey, there's this lake not far from here we can go." I talked slowly. "That sounds cool!" He said smiling.

His smile is so perfect. "Yeah, go put on a swimsuit and meet me back here in ten?" I said getting up and turning to him. "Sounds good!" Alex said in a happy tone.

      All the way to the car I talked to him about the lake. It's so beautiful there, and it looks magical, the water is never too cold, and there's never anyone there.

      That's why I wanted to bring him. So we can we by ourselves for awhile. I-I think I'm gonna tell him how I feel. But... Maybe... Not today. No. I need to really build up the courage.

    When we get in The car it's about 2:00. "So, how'd you find Kings?" I said. It kind of took him by surprise. "Oh... Well. I mean. I just... Looked into it." He said only looking at me for a second. Okay???

    After only about a minute or so, he broke the silence. "Sooo how long is the drive?" He asked
Fiddling with his shirt. "It's about half an hour. Is that ok?" I asked. "Oh! Yeah it's fine. I was just wondering."

We got on the highway and we noticed a car going way over the speed limit. "Jackass." Alex muttered. "Right?" I said chuckling. All of sudden the car sped right into our lane right in front of us, causing me to slam on the breaks. They crossed into the other land and immediately crashed into the car next to us.

"Oh my gosh!" I yelled clasping my hands to my mouth. I looked at Alex who was breathing heavily and looked terrified. We looked at each other for a few seconds before quickly getting out of the car.

When the two cars hit, they had slid onto the side of the highway where no cars were passing. Alex and I ran over to see that the car that had been hit has an enormous dent in the side. I stood there for a few seconds, not knowing what to do. Finally my common sense started to kick in.

I stood there for a few more seconds until I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. I whipped around to see Alex with a concerned expression. "John-." He started but immediately cut him off "Dial the police." I said softly.

He hesitated, but then sprinted back to the car for his phone. I took a breath and walked over to the two cars. I looked in the window of the hit car and saw that there was a young woman unconscious. "Hello?" I said trembling and leaning into the completely shattered window.

I stared at her. She looked only around 17. Poor girl, none of this was her fault, she had numerous big scars on her face from where the glass had cut her. Her head was laid back onto the seat. There was blood dripping down and splattered on the part of the front window and the wheel.

My state of shock was interrupted when I heard shuffling footsteps from behind me. "John?" I heard Alex voice come from behind me "The ambulance will be here in a few." He said coming up next to me. I looked at him with a sad expression.

He looked at me confused "What's wro-." He started but before he could finish he looked at the girl. He put one hand on his stomach and one on his mouth. "Holy shit." He mumbled through his hand.

He looked at me then opened the door. "Ma'am? Ma'am you need to wake up." I decided to not stand there like a dumbass and actually started trying to help too, but as seconds passed there grew more and more blood, everywhere. On my hands, on Alex's hands, all over the girl, it was dripping down the inside of the car.

I started to sob, hard. And I don't know why. I was so scared. Alex didn't look at me. "John, it's ok." He said reassuringly. "No no no no. No I can't." I said backing away.

"John. Please help me." He stated in a serious tone. I looked at everything once more. It seemed like all that I could see was blood.
I cautiously nodded as tears streamed down my face staining my cheeks and started walking back to Alex. He now had cuts on his arms from the broken glass. That made me back away again.

I felt a tight feeling in my stomach and I started getting light headed. As I was backing up I tripped over my foot and hit the ground. Barely caught myself with my hands.

Alex found a box of tissues and was desperately trying to wipe if the blood and wake the girl up. I started crying really hard again. But it was still almost inaudible.

Then I heard the sound of something I thought I would never be happier to hear, Sirens. They were very distant, but they were coming. I started to realizing what was happening. I can't deal with blood? Shit! Why me?

Alex hadn't me noticed me on the ground. I made the decision to try and get up. But it was no use because I no longer felt light headed. I started to get dizzy and I slammed back down onto the dirty road side.

The sound of sirens started getting closer and closer. Yet I couldn't see well. I couldn't even try to stand up or I'd fall back down. I couldn't comprehend anything that was happening.

Hues of red still stained my vision slightly. At this point I was shaking. I couldn't do anything. I felt shame and guilt rise in me as I realized that I couldn't do anything to help Alex.

I hugged my knees tightly, and after what seemed like an eternity the sounds of sirens cane right next to us. They stopped and I hear many voices and loud foot steps. I start praying that that poor girl will be ok.

"Yes we just saw it happen.... No we're ok. We don't think anyone else was hit." I hear Alex say to an officer. I finally have enough strength to open my eyes, I see cops rushing everywhere. In between them I see Alex pacing back and forth panicking.

  He still hasn't seen me, and he didn't look to busy so I decided to get his attention. "A-Alex." I said loud enough for him to here. He stopped pacing and his head whipped towards me.

He looked me right in the eye and rushed over towards me. "Oh my god! John are you okay? What's wrong?" His panicked voice made me tremble even harder. "W-Why is there so much blood?" I said looking up at him helplessly.

Okay sorry about the weird ending. Pretty long? I'm going to rehearsal so that's why I'm ending this chapter (also it's really stressful to right stuff like this) so bye, see ya on Friday.

~1267 words~