Chapter 14; Christines POV

Three Months Later...

Erik and I had began refurbishing his old room for the baby. The room was a much brighter and softer cream color. We had a bassinet and matching furniture. The renovations upstairs had become quieter. They were mostly tearing out carpet and painting. Waldhammer hadn't bothered investigating us. He left the money in box five, as Erik instructed. Erik told me he once heard them talking about how the theatre closed down.

"A masked man started a fire! He knocked down the chandelier! How, nobody knows... He kidnapped Christine Daae, the most beautiful and talented performer the Opera Populaire ever had! Anyway, he kidnaped her she escaped but they never found him..."

We chuckled at the rumors. Erik and I were going to meet Daroga and the woman he had been courting. I hoped she was nice. Erik had started to help me with everything. I had a started showing a bit, and I think it scared him. I was readying myself in the bedroom. He stood protectively in the doorway incase I needed help. He glanced over his shoulder every now and again.

"Ready to go?

I am. Let me prepare the boat, so it's not hard for you to get in.

Erik, I'm not seven month pregnant I think I'll be alright.

Just to make sure.

Alright."

I rolled my eyes and trailed behind him. He pulled the boat all the way out of the water. He also put pillows and blankets in it for me. I shook my head and chuckled. So overprotective. Erik turned to me and scooped me up in his arms.

'Erik!"

I protested.

"I can walk, I'm pregnant not crippled.

I know, maybe I like carrying you."

Maybe he did. It seemed to be easy for him. As gently as possible he placed me in the boat. I turned and glared at him as he pushed the boat and hopped in. He whistled as he rowed us across the lake.

"So do you know this girls name?

If I remember correctly her name is Mina.

Mina? She's not French then?

Well, neither is Daroga.

I hope she's nice. I hope she's good to him. He deserves it.

I hope so too."

Erik looked nervous as we walked to the destination Daroga had given us. He wasn't used to being in public. He had stayed hidden for a good part of his life. I took his hand in mine and squeezed it. We were supposed to be meeting Daroga and Mina in the park for a picnic. People were staring at Erik and I. It was starting to get on my nerves. At last we saw Daroga and a beautiful girl. She had long, dark, wavy hair. Olive toned skin, like a spaniard. Her eyes were a golden-hazel brown. She had soft features and a slight frame. Erik let go of my hand and ran over to Daroga. I walked toward them swiftly.

"Daroga, my friend! How are you? It's been too long!

I'm fantastic. Ah Christine, you look lovely. How are you?

I'm doing well."

He hugged me and kissed my cheek. Mina stood behind him and smiled the whole time.

"Erik, Christine this is my erm uh

Hello, I'm Mina."

She introduced herself. She had a Spanish accent. I took her outstretched hand and shook it.

"I'm Christine, it's lovely to meet you.

Oh Christine! You are so beautiful! How far along are you?

3 months."

Erik shook her hand next.

"Hello Mina, I'm Erik."

He kissed her hand and smiled up at her.

"Hello Erik. Daroga has told me much about you.

Good things I hope?"

He glanced over at Daroga.

"Of course."

I noticed Mina didn't stare at Erik like other people. She acted as if his mask were completely normal. Daroga must've explained.

"Shall we eat?"

Daroga exclaimed. Mina and Daroga sat down. Erik took off his coat and folded it. He placed it on the blanket and helped me sit. I smiled at him.

"Oh, you two are so sweet! How long have you been married.

Almost a year. In fact, Daroga married us. Did he tell you?

No he didn't! That's so sweet."

She kissed his cheek and he flushed red. Erik put his arm around me and smiled. I watched as Daroga opened the small basket he had packed. He pulled out a loaf of bread, a small hunk of cheese, a small hunk of ham and some champagne. He also pulled a cheese knife, a carving knife, plates and glasses. Erik carved the ham into thin slices. Daroga sliced the bread and cheese. Mina passed out plates and poured champagne for everyone.

"Is there anything I can do?

I think we're all set."

Daroga answered kindly. I sighed, feeling useless. I sat watching everyone. I smiled at Erik, when all of a sudden I felt something odd. Something in my stomach. The baby was moving. I grabbed Erik's hand and placed it on my stomach. His expression quickly changed from confusion to awe.

"Is that?

Yes the baby!"

He smiled and I looked up to see Daroga and Mina grinning at us. Erik crouched down and pressed his lips to my stomach.

"Hello little one, it's me. Your father, your daddy."

The movement increased and tears of joy poured from my eyes.

"I love you so very much. So does your mother.

I do my little angel."

The movements got more forceful.

"Daroga, Mina. Come say hello."

The crawled across the blanket and crouched next to my stomach.

"Christine, may I?

Of course."

Mina placed her hand on my stomach next to Erik's. Erik was crying, just like me.

"Hello angelito. This is Mina. We cannot wait to meet you! Your Mama and Papa are beautiful people. You are the luckiest little baby in the world to have them as parents."

She smiled at us and took her hand away. Daroga put his where hers once was.

"Hi there little baby. This is Uncle Daroga. Mina, my beloved Mina said it all. You are blessed to have Erik and Christine as parents."

A tear escaped his eye.

"I have known your father for many years, he is a very good man. And your mother, well she's a very kind and loving person. I think you'll do just fine."

We all smiled. Erik kissed my stomach again.

"I love you little one"