Chapter 33; Christine's pov

Gustave was about five months old now. He could support his head was a talker. He gurgled all the time. Erik was a wonderful father. He was already teaching Gustave piano. All Gustave did was smash the keys, but still. Erik didn't wear his mask in the house at all. At first he was timid. He thought Gustave would be frightened. He was dead wrong. Erik was Gustave's favorite person. They often played together for hours. Gustave would touch Erik's gnarled skin and Erik wouldn't even flinch. He would smile and hold Gustave's little hand to his face. I smiled at them now. Erik was feeding him cooked down squash with cinnamon and sugar. Something my father had fed me as a child. Erik

was making faces at Gustave to make him laugh and open his mouth. Every time Gustave laughed, Erik would laugh and look at him adoringly.

"Now, why don't you look at me like that anymore?"

I teased. He chuckled and kissed me.

"Christine, you know that's not true.

I know. I was teasing my love."

I sat close to him and rested my head against his shoulder. Gustave smiled and gurgled at me. His smile filled my heart with joy. I took a cloth and wiped the food from his face. There was food in his hair. I shook my head and smiled at him.

"Well, it looks like you're going to need a bath Monsieur.

Will you need help?

If you'd like to help. I don't need it, but it'd be nice.

Alright. I'll go draw the bath you get him ready."

He kissed both of our heads and before I could say anything he was off. I smiled and rolled my eyes as I picked up Gustave and waited for Erik to get back with the boat. After about ten minutes he was back. He helped me into the boat. With Gustave in my arms and Erik paddling we crossed the lake. Erik hopped out of the boat when we came to the edge of the lake, took Gustave from me and helped me from the boat. We went to my old dressing room where we usually bathed. Erik had a bubble bath for Gustave already drawn. I smiled and got Gustave undressed. I set him in the tub and he giggled hysterically. He loved baths almost as much as he loved music. His laugh made us both smile. It was a magical sound. Erik started to sing as I bathed him. Our usual routine. Gustave gurgled along to Erik's song, trying to sing with him. I knew he'd be a wonderful musician, just like his father. I pulled the plug from the drain and took Gustave in my arms. Erik wrapped him in a plush white towel and kissed my cheek.

"Maybe later we can take a bath hmm?"

He whispered into my ear. A chill ran down my spine and I kissed him.

"Maybe."

I smiled. We dressed Gustave in his night clothes and went back "home". He falls asleep just as we come to the lake. His little smile and snoring melts my heart. We quickly cross the lake and I put him to bed. He sleeps in the spare room, it's a nursery now. Decorated in light colors.

"Erik, would you like some tea?

I'd love some."

I hand the kettle on the fire, get out two tea cups and stand at the counter waiting for the water. I jump when I feel Erik's arms around me.

"Mmm hello."

He almost moans into my ear as he kisses my jaw.

"Hello."

I turn to face him. He picks me up and kisses me. He sits on the couch and I wrap my legs around his torso. He runs his hands up my leg and squeezes my thigh as he bites at my lip. I start unbuttoning his shirt and he runs his fingers through my hair. He starts gently kissing and nipping my neck. A small moan escapes my lips. Just as he starts unlacing my corset the teakettle whistles. He sighs and tries to get up, but I stop him. I kiss him and bite his lip one last time then get off of him. I watch him with lustful eyes. His shirt hangs open. I yearn to touch him. He makes our tea and brings it to me. It tastes perfect. I kiss his mangled cheek and smile at him.