Chapter 27; Christine's POV

Mina and I had just entered the cafe. One of the servers gave us a smile. I recognized her, but I didn't know her name. I think it was Antoinette.

"Bonjour Christine, Mina! Why is this the little one I've heard Daroga speak of? He's been gushing about how he was to become an uncle.

It is. This is my son, Gustave."

She leaned closer to the stroller and smiled.

"Oh, Christine. He's beautiful, just like his mother.

I think he has a lot of his father's features."

I gave her a warm smile. She said nothing, she just led us to our table. It was the same one Erik and I had eaten at the first time he brought me here. I smiled at the memory. That was also my first time meeting Daroga. And now, here we are. I'm helping his Fiancé pick out her wedding dress. Everything had come full circle. Mina and I ordered some food. Gustave started to squirm and whimper in the stroller. I picked him up and he immediately stopped.

"How sweet, just wanting to be held!

He is very sweet. I think he takes after his father."

I smiled at him. He looked up at me and for the first time he smiled.

"Mina!"

I said in a hushed tone.

"He smiled! Oh he has his father's smile!

Oh Christine!"

Mina smiled at me. I kissed Gustave's forehead and held him closer. He smiled again and my heart fluttered. He was so precious. He and Erik had all of my heart. My boys. The waitress, Antoinette brought us our food. We exchanged smiles and she left Mina and I to eat. I put Gustave in the stroller and rocked him as I ate. Mina and I chatted happily as we ate.

"This is delicious.

I know! I've never had a bad meal from here.

Nor have I."

We kept eating.

"Are you nervous?

Of course. Weren't you?

Mostly excited, but yes a little nervous.

How is being married? Is it difficult?

At times, always around each other. But I love it. I love him dearly."

I smiled to myself. Gustave started to softly cry. The few patrons in the cafe all looked towards us. I gently scooped him up into my arms and tried to sooth him. He kept crying. I decided he was probably hungry. So, I started to feed him. Mina smiled at me.

"Do you want children Mina?

I do. I'm very excited to be married, so I can start a family with Daroga.

I think you'll be a wonderful mother Mina."

We all continued eating.