Chapter 32; Erik's POV

We had just made it to our little domain under the opera house. Today there were no performances. Christine sat on the couch with Gustave, cooing to him and singing. I pulled some champagne and a bucket of ice. I throw the bottle in the bucket and quickly get out some light snacks to start.

"Erik, would you like my help?

I'm alright Angel."

I smile. After a moment we hear voices.

"This is where they live? With the baby?"

I chuckle as I hear Robin ask about our little home under the Opera Populaire.

"Erik? Can you come with the boat?"

It's Daroga's voice I hear now.

"Of course."

I run to the lake and hop in the boat. I quickly make my way over to them. Everyone is smiling, except for Xavier. He's studying his surroundings. He gives me a half smile as he climbs in the boat after everyone else. We all file out of the boat as we make it to the shore. Everyone makes their way to the parlor. Christine entertains Mina and Robin while I pour the champagne. I pull off the cork and it fizzes up. Everyone cheers as I pour six glasses.

"To Mina and Daroga, may your marriage be a long and happy one filled with nothing but joy."

I toast to them. Everyone raises their glasses and smiles. I kiss Christine and Gustave.

"This is the first time I've had alcohol in months.

I know my love. How does it feel?

Fantastic."

She looks at Mina and Daroga as they're lovingly chatting with one-another.

"What is it Darling?

Nothing. I just can't wait for them to start a family too.

Nor can I. I think Daroga will be a lovely father. And Mina is wonderful with Gustave, she'll make a fine mother."

I hold her close and kissed her cheek. She smiled warmly. I looked down at a sleeping Gustave wrapped tightly in her arms.

"I'm going to put him to bed.

Alright."

She went to our room. I turned with opened arms to Daroga, Mina and her family.

"Ah, Erik it was so lovely for you to open your home to my family and I!

Mina, it's nothing. Daroga is a brother to me. You're all family."

I smiled. She gave me a hug and kissed my cheek.

"Since we're family. Maybe my family would like to see what you look like?"

She whispered into my ear. I froze.

"A-are you sure?"

I asked timidly. Mina had seen my face after knowing me for about a month. Her parents had only known me for a few hours.

"I'm sure Erik. My parents aren't like other people.

If you say so."

I stepped back and took a deep breath. Christine walked out of our room and eyed me suspiciously. I smiled at her and gently took off my mask. Robin and Xavier looked at me. Silent at first. I closed my eyes and waited for the screaming. What happened next I didn't expect. Robin embraced me and kissed my mangled cheek.

"Muy guapo."

She smiled and hugged me again. Daroga and Xavier smiled at our exchange. Robin let go of me and Christine took me in her arms.

"I'm so proud of you."

She whispered and gently kissed me.

"I know. Me too."

I said, breaking the kiss.