Chapter 34; Erik's pov

I was sitting at the piano, composing. I turned to see Christine playing with Gustave. My heart fluttered just seeing them together. She started singing to Gustave and I turned to mush. He was just as entranced by her as I was. I stood from the piano and made my way over to them. Christine smiled and reached up to kiss me. I gently kissed her and nipped at her lips. She purred as I pulled away.

"Later."

I smiled. I kissed Gustave's forehead and took him from Christine. I tossed him playfully. He giggled and I could feel Christine's nervous eyes on me.

"Be careful.

It's fine Angel!"

I chuckled. I acted as if I were going to drop him and she hit me playfully.

"I'm going to make supper.

Do you need help?

Just entertain him while I cook please?

Of course. Are you going to make his dinner too?

I was going to make mashed potatoes, he can eat those.

Ah, yes he can."

She quickly kissed Gustave and I then scurried off to the kitchen. I scanned her beautiful form. She caught me looking and gave me a look.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. You're so beautiful.

Uh-huh."

She rolled her eyes and shook her head at me. I took Gustave to the piano.

"How about a music lesson son?"

He gurgled and smiled as soon as I sat in front of the piano. I started to play the lullaby I had composed for him when he was first born. I reached for the keys and pressed them with his tiny fists. His fists trailed my fingers. The patterns in which he pressed the keys almost sounded like a song. I smiled and let him play. He looked up at me in confusion.

"You want me to play?"

I reached for the piano and he giggled. I chuckled at him.

"Alright, if you insist."

I started to play an older piece of mine. At first he watched my hands in amazement. Then he happily smashed the keys and laughed. We played and laughed.

"Boys. Supper!"

I smiled and stood with Gustave in my arms.

"Smell that son? Mother's cooking. I think we're blessed to have her don't you?"

He smiled and rested his head on my shoulder. Christine greeted us with a smile.I put Gustave in his high chair then sat down to eat. Thinking back on how my life has turned around made my heart flutter. I looked at my wife and son happily before me. I couldn't ask for anything better.

THE END