Chapter 15; Erik's POV

We were eating our lunch, still amazed at what had just happened. I couldn't get over any of it, that the baby moved. And at the sound of my voice! Christine had her hand on my knee. We glanced at each other every now and again with little smiles on our faces. We had all shared a beautiful moment, I think it made us closer. Mina seemed like a sweet woman, I really liked her. By the looks of it Christine did too. They were laughing and chatting about anything and everything.

"Erik! Mina is going to be our midwife, apparently she is a trained nurse!

Wonderful darling."

They giggled and continued to chat.

"It seems those two are getting along well eh Daroga?

I'm glad! She's wonderful isn't she Erik?

Very nice Daroga. I hope she's being good to you?

Of course! It's if she's been sent from above just for me. I never understood why you went on, and on about Chrisine."

We both glanced at Christine and Mina.

"But now, that I've found my true love I finally understand.

It's wonderful isn't it Daroga? Love. Such a beautiful thing.

Indeed."

He took a swig of his champagne.

"Have you two decided on names for the baby yet?

Yes. Rosalie if it's a girl. Or a Gustave if it's a boy, after her father.

So, Daroga was out of the question?

Unfortunately so."

I chuckled. Daroga pulled something from the picnic basket. Chocolates. Christine's favorite chocolates to be exact.

"Dessert anyone?"

Christine smiled at me and I grinned at her. Daroga looked at us, trying to figure it out, but gave up after a minute. We all took a piece of chocolate. It tasted just as wonderful as it had the first time I had ever eaten it. Rich, sweet and creamy. I glanced at Christine, her plump lips. The way they curled around the piece of candy. So soft and sweet. Every bone in my body ached to pull her against me and kiss her. I always wanted to kiss Christine. She was so beautiful, so perfect in every way! Our eyes met and she blushed. I licked my lips and she blushed even harder. For a moment the world around us fell away. In my head, it was just Christine and I.

"Daroga, Mina this was lovely but I'm very tired I think Erik and I ought to be going."

I was shocked.

"Of course! You mustn't exhaust yourself!

No you mustn't! It was lovely meeting you two!"

I helped Christine up and we all started to exchange goodbyes. Mina hugged Christine as I put my coat back on. Daroga shook my hand and clapped me on the shoulder.

"I'll see you soon, especially considering Mina is your midwife now.

Yes, I know."

Mina gave me a hug and I smiled.

"It was lovely to meet you Mina. You be good to Daroga, make sure he behaves himself."

I chuckled and Daroga rolled his eyes.

"Oh I will."

She smiled. Christine took my hand.

"Let's get home."

She whispered into my ear. I bit my lip.

"It was lovely to see everyone.

Yes it was! We'll get together again soon!

Until then.

Goodbye!"

We started home and Christine practically pulled my arm from its socket. Once we arrived home Christine threw me onto the sofa and pinned me down. She aggressively, but passionately kissed me. She bit my lip and rubbed my thighs.

"Christine. What, what are you doing?"

I fit each word in between kisses.

"I want you Erik."

She whispered as she pulled my shirt and mask off.

"The baby.

I think it'll be alright.

Can you be certain?"

She stopped.

"It's not that I don't want to, believe me I do, I just want what's best for you, and the baby. That's all."

I kissed her so gently I barely felt her lips on mine.

"I know."

She gave me a sad, yet understanding smile. I kissed her again. We kissed for a while. We wouldn't do anything, just kiss, that'd be fine. And it'd get out all our urges. Hopefully.