Chapter 16; Christine's POV

Erik and I were still on the sofa. His head was rested against mine and he was playing with my fingers. I sighed happily. Practically every moment Erik and I spent together was perfect. I turned to him and gave him a quick kiss. He smiled against my lips and gave me a tiny squeeze. His big protective arms made me feel safe. I laid down, pulling him with me. Erik's head was rested on my stomach. Every so often he would press his lips to it. Our baby was in there, growing and changing each day. The thought boggled my mind, but also excited me.

"Erik? Can you believe it?

What my dear?

We're having a baby. Our baby is in there, right now growing.

It is rather remarkable."

He rubbed my stomach and started to sing. It was something I'd never heard before.

"Oh, beautiful one. My darling little thing. How perfect you are."

I smiled curiously at him.

"I've been composing, when I can't sleep. Not on the organ. But on the violin.

For the baby?

For the baby.

Does the piece have a title?

Petit Parfait."

He kissed my stomach again, then reached up and kissed me. His kisses were so sweet and gentle. I could never have enough. I wanted to lay here with him forever. Erik began to sing again and the baby moved again. I happily sighed. This was my life, and it was perfect. Erik and I could be anywhere and I would be happy. As long as we were together and safe. I adjusted the way I was sitting and my stomach churned. I was going to be sick. I hadn't been sick in a while. My bucket was in our room. I got up and sprinted to the bedroom.

"Christine?"

Erik was confused. I heard him behind me. I was throwing up. He crouched next to me and held my hair as he rubbed my back. I moaned, embarrassed and annoyed.

"Are you alright darling?

I guess so.

I'll go dispose of this. How about a hot bath or a nap?

I like the sound of a bath.

Alright, I'll only be a moment."

He kissed my hair and took the bucket. I went to our room and gathered my night clothes and robe. Erik had gotten me new ones. My stomach had grown, but not much. I heard a knock on the door. Erik was there with a gentle smile.

"Ready?"

I nodded and he took my things from me. He took my hand in his free one. We crossed the lake and made our way to my dressing room, which had remained untouched by Waldhamner and his team. Just as Erik had instructed. I watched Erik push the mirror that doubled as a door. He led me to the bathroom. I stood in the doorway and watched as he ran the bath. Steam wafted from the tub. He poured flower oils into the water and turned to me. The water smelled fresh and sweet. Erik took the chair in the corner. I undressed and slipped into the warm water. My muscles uncoiled like tightly wound springs as soon as I was in the tub. Erik smiled at me. His cheek was red.

"Relaxed?

Very. It feels so good. Why don't you join me Erik?"

His eyes widened. There was enough room for the both of us. I motioned for him to come in with me. He didn't move, he was still in the chair.