Luxe

The car door slammed shut as Damien rounded the vehicle to help Mia out and escort her to the orphanage.

"Let me drive you to work tomorrow. I know you walk all the way."

"You don't have to. Really, I like walk—"

Damien took her hand in his and squeezed it gently, making her falter in her statement.

"Please, it would make me happy."

Mia's eyes were wide as she forced herself not to look down at their joined hands. His palm was large, completely encompassing her small one. While her skin was soft and unmarred, his was rough and calloused—he was clearly a hard-working man.

"W-well, if it would make you happy..." She relented.

Damien smiled at her and walked her across the street and up the steps to her front door. Although, all Mia could think about was the warmth of his hand that was still connected to her own.

"I had a great time with you Damien. You've been so kind."

She bit her lip and looked at the door before meeting his icy gaze once again.

"Can I kiss you?"

Damien tried not to look too elated at her question and instead, gave a slight nod and a dimpled smile.

He loved that she had to stand on her tipi-toes to reach him; and even then, his head had to bend down a bit to accommodate her. Her lips met his hesitantly, and once again he met her gentle caress with brute force. He pressed his chest against hers and relished in the slight mewls that escaped from the back of her throat.

In a bold move, he let his tongue enter her mouth. He knew that she would not only be surprised at his sudden intrusion, but also at the cool sensation of his tongue piercing.

His assumptions were correct.

Damien smiled into the kiss when the smaller girl gasped but a pleasured groan escaped him when her nimble fingers pulled at his brown strands. Oh, she was a minx indeed.

"You can kiss me whenever you want, baby."

He rasped once she pulled away.

Mia lightly touched lips and looked up at the tattooed man in wonder.

"That was..."

"Hot." Damien finished, his eyes still looking down at her in a heated manner.

"You didn't tell me that you had a...a piercing." Mia continued in astonishment. She tried to steal another glance into his mouth as he chuckled.

"You never asked."

"But how would I—" The blonde narrowed her eyes at him playfully, catching onto the cheesy grin that covered his face.

"Touché." She relented, causing a heartier laugh to escape the taller man.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow." Mia smiled. Her chest felt warm and full of satisfaction.

"And I'll see you."

Damien watched her open the door and gave a little wave which she reciprocated. Once she was safely inside the house, he turned around and jogged down the porch steps to walk back to his car.

He sighed once he was seated on the leather of his Range Rover but groaned when his phone rang.

"Kirst", Damien answered absentmindedly.

"Damien I just got off the phone with Valentio and he was raving about our delivery team on 2nd. They were fast and efficient—his words, not mine."

Arman Valentio was one of Damien's biggest clients in his business, as well as his longest. He owns many night clubs across the country and likes to throw extravagant parties with lots of drugs, women and alcohol. He's a generally laid-back guy in every aspect of his life but with one exception. He had absolutely no patience.