Isolation

"What happened?" Mia asked worriedly.

She ran up to Damien as soon as he closed the door, her hands reaching up to brush away some strands that had fallen over his eyes.

Damien sighed and avoided her gaze, instead walking around her, bracing his hands on the kitchen island.

"Nothing." He lied.

His breathing was heavy, and he bit his tongue to get a handle on his emotions but a traitorous tear broke through his facade.

He swiped it away angrily and slammed his fist on the hard surface causing Mia to jump.

"I have to go."

Mia bunched her eyebrows in confusion while her eyes tried to examine his body language.

She didn't want to approach him and make him feel trapped. Right now, it seemed like he needed space. That left her with very little grounds to help him. She was lost at what to do.

He kept his head down and walked around her again, heading towards the front door.

"Damien, wait"

Mia's words fell on deaf ears as she scrambled to get his attention. Her eyes squeezed shut when she heard a slam and she had to press her tongue to the roof of her mouth to prevent herself from crying.

~

"What's the location."

Damien arrived at his storage warehouse, the site he'd planned to meet with Brody to avoid unwanted attention.

It was obvious that he was in a bad mood. He was tense and on edge with his black pistol in hand. His current state was dangerous to anyone that planned on pissing him off.

Brody eyed him warily, not quite comfortable being around his boss considering his unusual behaviour.

"Almost an hour away from here; Albany. It's in a pretty public area which is surprising but also smart."

Damien nodded and paced back and forth, flicking the safety on and off on his pistol.

"I would get more people involved to ambush but I don't know who I can trust at this point." He spat angrily. "The two of us are gonna to have to go in. I've had enough of this waiting around bullshit."

Brody nodded slowly, not wanting to say anything that would cause him to blow up, considering that his mental state was obviously unstable.

Damien walked towards a wall in the far corner of the room that they were in and typed in a code.

The illusionary structure pulled back to reveal a collection of guns varying from small hand pistols to large semi-automatic weapons.

"This my personal collection that I've grown over the years."

Damien grabbed an AK-47 that was mounted on the hidden wall, dislodging the magazine to check to see if it was loaded.
He snapped it back into place and looked at Brody whose eyes were lit up as if it were Christmas.

"Well," He nodded his head towards the guns. "Are you gonna take one?"

Brody's eyes widened and he nodded his head fervently almost running up to the wall of goodies.

His fingers brushed over the black weapons and he carefully picked out a double-action revolver, copying Damien's actions and checking for bullets.

"Satisfied?" Damien questioned with a raised brow.

Brody nodded in confirmation a small smile on his face.

"Very."

Damien smirked and walked towards the exit to get in his car, Brody following closely.