Sanchez

"You're supposed to keep the eggshells out of the bowl silly", Mia giggled while plucking fallen shells out of the egg yolk.

"Sorry baby, I'm not really good at this" Damien sighed, before leaning back on the counter.

It's been two weeks since the ordeal and the couple was on the road to recovery.

Mia had forgiven Damien for forgetting to pick her up from work that day. But she was still having trouble with one of the most important aspects of a relationship—trust.

Damien had promised her that he'd never lie again, at least not to her. As much as she wanted to believe his words, she knew that truth was in action. She would have to see for herself if he stayed true to his word, and only time would tell if he does.

Mia wiped her hands on the kitchen towel a comforting smile playing on her lips.

He was the one who volunteered to help her out with the brownies but alas, it seemed like baking wasn't the tattooed man's calling.

"It's okay Damien, nobody's good at everything"

Damien's eyes softened and a small smile played on his lips as he took in the small girl's words. Instead of responding, he reached behind him and threw a handful of flour at an unsuspecting Mia.

Mia gasped and stared up at the tall man in shock, before blowing a full faced grin and throwing some icing sugar right back at him.

They went back and forth sharing laughs and giggles before the entire kitchen was covered in the brownie's ingredients. Damien swooped in behind Mia and tickled her sides.

"Look at the mess you've made baby"

Mia turned abruptly and stuck an accusing finger in his face, "Me?! You were the one who threw flour at me mister!"

Damien laughed and dragged his clean finger down her flour coated cheek.

"Is that so?"

"What the hell happened in here" A sudden voice interrupted.

Damien stiffened and instinctually gripped Mia's hips at the sudden intrusion. Once his mind registered that the voice belonged to Liam, he rolled his eyes and walked out of the kitchen with Mia close in tow.

"Damien, we need to talk"

Damien turned around to face his friend, while Mia waved shyly.

"Hi Liam"

Liam squinted his eyes at the blonde before his eyes widened in realization.

"Mia, right? So, you're the reason boss went batshit crazy the other day."

"What?"

"Liam what do you have to tell me" Damien sighed while dragging a hand down his face.

"Right," Liam refocused and tore his eyes away from the blonde, "remember how we've been trying to get Sanchez as a client for the past year?" Liam asked.

"Yes." Damien replied bluntly

"Well, he called me out of nowhere and said that he wanted to meet."

"That's great. Tell him I'm free next Wednesday." Damien nodded with a pleased look on his face.

Liam grimaced at his words, "Actually, he said that he wants the meeting to be today. As in twenty minutes from now."

Damien's brows furrowed and his mouth set into a straight line.

"I see." He spoke callously.

Damien didn't like being told what to do, in fact it was one of his biggest pet peeves. Because of this, he was always in control; he made sure of it. Potential client or not, the demands left a bad taste in Damien's mouth.