Discovering their powers

When Alex got home she went up to her room and laid down on her bed and went to sleep.  She woke up two hours later and she went into her bathroom and ran some hot water for her bath.  She went back into her room and grabbed her robe.  She went back into her bathroom and shut the door.  Alex turned the water off and got into the tub.  She went to sleep accidentally and went under the water.  She didn't know though.  When she breathed in and nothing happened.  When she woke up she knew she was under water so she got out of the tub and she put her towel around her.  She went over the mirror and wiped out off and looked at her reflection, and her eyes were blue again.

She dried off with her towel and put some clothes on.  Alex went back into the bathroom and looked in the mirror, all of her clothes were soaked with water.  "What the hell," Alex says quietly.  She changed into something else and went back into her room.  Alex sat on her bed and she looked at her phone.  She got some texts from her best friend Mandy.  Some said Where are you, are you okay, I heard you drowned, wait if you drowned how are you still alive, text me back when you get this.  Alex threw her phone on her bed and she walked downstairs into her kitchen and her mom was in the kitchen cooking dinner.  "Hey mom," Alex says.  "Hey sweetie, how do you feel"?  Louise asked.  "I feel better," Alex says.  "Okay, well, get ready for dinner it'll be ready soon," Louise says.  "Okay mom," Alex says.

Alex walked over to the couch and she sat down.  She looked out of the window and it was raining.  She just had this instinct to go outside, but she didn't know why.  Alex got up and she walked to the door and she opened it.  "Honey, what are you doing"?  Louise asked.  Alex didn't respond, she just walked outside and stood in the rain.  She started walking down the street, she didn't have anything on, but a sweater and she was also bare feet.  She walked to the bridge that she fell off of and just stood there and looked at the water.  Alex stared at the water and then all of the water lifted from the lake and all of it was over her head.  She finally came back to life and realized what she was doing.

Alex started to panic, she didn't know what to do, but what she did know was if she let the water go she would drown everyone in town, so she concentrated really hard and made the water go back over the lake and she let it go.  She felt really weak, but she could manage.  Alex walked away, but she didn't walk home, she didn't want her family to think she was a freak, so she walked into the woods and started running.  She came to a house, it was the one Chloe burned down, but Alex had no idea.  She walked into what was left of it and she sat down and started crying, because that's all she could do.

                           ***

Chloe was outside chopping wood to make a fire, they didn't have enough money for electricity so they were working with what they had.  Chloe was thinking about her dad and was wondering why he didn't come with her siblings and her mom to come pick her up from the hospital and she was starting to get really mad.  Chloe felt that it was getting hotter, but what she didn't know was that she was the cause of that.  Chloe put a piece of wood up on the tree stunt and she cut it, she also saw her hand and and it was turning orange and flaky.  She pulled her hand back really fast and a fireball came from her hand and it hit a tree that was in the distance.  The tree had fell down and she was shocked. 

When her mom came outside to see what the noise was she was gone, she ran back to her old house that burned down and she saw Alex crying and said,"Who are you mad what are you doing at my house"?  "What, you mean this piece of junk"?  Alex says.