Time for bed

Dream's P.O.V

Today's been going smoothly so far. We've still got a few days ahead of us, but I think we'll get through this. Mostly, everyone's been quiet. Horror and Lust have been getting along well, just talking all day about random things. Nightmare and Killer had small conversations every so often. Ink went up to see Error on the bus' roof, they haven't come down since, so I suspect that they're getting along.

FC was humming songs as she drove the bus. She knew how to drive, but if things ever got extreme, she gives the wheel to me. I've been driving people out of arenas, labs and training camps for a long time now. I've gotten good at crashing through several walls and running over zombie hoards. It was starting to get a little dark outside. If it's felt like a long drive now, then wait until everyone starts complaining.

"FC, when do you think we should stop?" I asked.

FC shrugged. "Whenever everyone gets tired, I suppose. I'm still fine."

As she said that, she covered her mouth and yawned.

I sighed. "We should stop. You've been driving for twelve hours straight."

"Yeah, I suppose. Tell Error and Ink to come back down."

I nodded and patted the seat next to me, which told Buddy to get off my lap. I then stood up and pulled down the metal ladder that led the trapdoor, which in turn led to the roof. The trapdoor opened with a loud creak and the cold air rushed in. I climbed up onto the roof. Ink and Error were laying down side by side, just talking.

"Hey Error, Ink, you two have to come inside now." I said.

Error flipped me off. "Go make out with your dog or something."

"His name is Buddy. And it's FC's orders."

Error huffed. "Fine. We'll be down there in a moment."

I nodded and went back down the ladder. I turned to retract the ladder back, but I wasn't expecting Cross to be standing there and I jumped.

"S-Sorry!" He apologised quickly.

"It's ok, I just wasn't expecting you to be there." I replied, smiling.

Cross smiled back. "So uh...how has your day been?"

"Well, all I've been doing is sitting up at the front and petting Buddy."

"Oh...uh..."

There was a short silence. Cross seemed nervous and there was a light tint of purple on his cheekbones.

"Are you ok, Cross?" I asked.

He nodded quickly. "Y-Yeah! I just...um..."

His face went a little more purple and he looked down at the ground, nervously tapping his fingers together. Very suddenly, Error jumped down from the trapdoor in the roof and knocked Cross forward. Cross fell on top of me and we both went to the floor. We stared at each other, both blushing madly.

"Dream, you're not cheating on your dog, are you?" Error teased.

Cross quickly got off of me, both of us rushed to our feet.

"I'm so, so sorry!" He said, a little panicked.

"It's fine, really." I replied.

Cross opened his mouth to say something, but he stopped himself and just ran back to his seat, covering his face.

"What happened?" Ink asked, climbing down the ladder.

"Love happened, my friend. Love." Error continued to tease.

I rolled my eye lights. "It was an accident, Error."

"That's what everyone says!" FC called out from the front.

"Oh shush you."

"You do realise that literally everyone can hear your conversation, right?" Geno asked.

"Of course. Why else would we be yelling it out?" Error said, smirking.

Then, we felt the bus stop in it's tracks. FC turned off the engine and stood up from her seat.

"Alrighty everyone." She started. "We're going to be stopping here for the night."

Ink looked out the window. "We're just parked out in the middle of the road."

"Exactly. We'll have to sleep in the bus since this is a zombie apocalypse and it would be suicide sleeping outside."

"Do we need to take shifts watching for zombies?" Horror asked.

FC shook her head. "The windows are one-way-view, so any zombies that happens to come past will pass right by. Assuming all doors are closed to prevent them from smelling us, that is."

"Well then, everyone grab a blanket from the back and a seat to themselves, it's time for a good rest. And for the love of Asgore, Dream, no foreplay with your dog." Error teased.

"Oh for the love of-" I huffed and went back to my seat, sitting down and pulling Buddy back onto my lap.

"What's foreplay?" Blueberry asked.

"Oh no, he's an innocent cinnamon roll." FC commented.

"You'll know when you're older." Error replied.

Blueberry pouted. "I'm pretty sure I'm the same age as you, if not older."

"Well then, I'm sure someone can show you-"

"OK, enough of that!" Ink cut in. "Lets just go to sleep, yeah?"

Error laughed. "Sure thing, Inky." Then he walked away.

Ink blushed at the nickname, but said nothing. Soon everyone had a blanket and two seats to lay slightly curled up on. I cuddled Buddy close and pet him softly. His soft, grumble-like purring was comforting to me, it helped me fall asleep much faster.