Commander Crocodile

Ink's P.O.V

"Almost there, almost there!" Asy chanted, jumping up and down in excitement.

"Can't believe we've survived this long." Reaper said.

"Just half an hour guys." FC announced. "Half an hour until freedom!"

Blueberry smiled at me, I smiled back. Everyone was in high spirits, even Nightmare. With the sun high in the sky and our life of fighting zombies till death seemingly behind us, we couldn't wait to see what the surviver camp was like. We didn't know much about them, but what we did know was that weapons were strictly forbidden inside the walls. They have an emergency supply and some are given to the guards on top of the wall, but no more then that. I heard that life was peaceful there. A place welcoming all who are looking for a place to call home until the end of the zombie apocalypse.

"What do you think it'll be like?" Blueberry asked.

"Haven't got a clue." Dust replied. "But I bet it'll be good."

"Think of it like a little organised village. Everyone does what they can to help the community. You can do all kinds of things like farming, purifying water, getting resources from outside the wall, so on and so forth." Dream explained. "It can be quite relaxing when you get used to it."

"Sounds a lot better then fighting zombies everyday." Fell said, who was leaning on the back of the seat in front of his own.

"It certainly does." Horror agreed.

"You're one to talk, Fell." Geno commented. "You're lazy as f**k."

"Yep." Fell said, smiling.

"I don't think that's something to be proud of, Fell." Sci said.

"Shh, don't tell them that!"

Sci chuckled and kissed Fell's cheekbone.

"Is there any kind of currency there?" Reaper asked.

Dream nodded. "Yes. You can get a small amount for working. You can't buy much with it though. Maybe if you're lucky, you'll save up for a pet."

"Sorry if this is a touchy question, but is that how you got Buddy?" I asked.

"I bought Buddy from a surviver camp, yes. At the time, he was just a pup and badly injured. Nobody there could take care of him, so I stepped in. I don't regret it."

"And since then, you've been making out with him whenever you've gotten the chance." Error teased.

Dream poked his tongue at Error, Error did the same.

"Guys, come look at Nightmare and Killer." Cross beckoned to us.

We went to see. Nightmare and Killer were curled up together in a corner, snuggled and asleep in each other's arms.

Dream 'aww'ed at them, as did Blueberry and I.

"I wish we had a camera right now." Horror said, smirking at them.

"I have a broken camera." Error claimed.

"How is that suppose to help me?"

"I dunno."

"I've never seen him so cuddly before!" Dream said, his eye lights turning to star shapes.

"Well, it's probably gonna be a one time thing, so take it all in."

Just a nice little moment. Everyone's happy. However, that didn't last long. We knew that happy moment was over when FC yelled out something from the front.