A wonderful Cure

Sci's P.O.V

The clouds above were getting dark, it was surely going to rain soon. I have to find some kind of shelter before then. Fell could barely walk on his own, I had to carry him. I won't let him go...

"Sci, just leave me behind...go back to the others..." Fell said weakly.

"I'm not leaving you alone out here."

It was only afternoon and it was getting dark. The clouds to me was a sign that something bad was going to happen. I felt panic when I heard a loud howl off in the distance. Calm down. I have to keep going.

"S-Sci..." Fell groaned. "I don't f-feel so good..."

Oh gosh, it must be the infection again. I looked around at the surrounding area. Just a few short trees and small areas of grass. It was a rocky terrain. There has to be a cave or something nearby. Maybe an old radio tower. I kept going, walking along the flattest path I could find. I'm not that strong, so it was hard carrying Fell like this. But I had my determination. That was good enough for me. I finally found a cave and immediately went in. It was dark and enclosed. The gentle sound of dripping water provided little comfort. I carefully laid Fell down on the cold stone floor. He seemed to fragile now, I was afraid of hurting him.

"Sci...you need to leave...I'm not worth all this..." Fell said, half-whispering.

I shook my head. "I'm not leaving you behind. Not now. Not ever."

Fell looked up at me was a pained expression. I noticed that his eye lights were flickering between his usual red glow to the sick creamy colour. He's trying so hard to fight off the infection. I held his hand and put my foreskull against his, trying my best to comfort him.

"Don't give up yet...please..." I mumbled.

"I'm sorry...I've gotten you into this mess..."

"Don't say that, it's not your fault."

Fell closed his eye sockets, his weak grip on my hand tightening just a bit.

"Hang in there, I'm going to help you through this..."

I say that, but I have no clue what to do. This far from my level. I can't help him, no matter how much I wish I could. Fell's breathing that shaky and unsure, he could tell I had no idea what I was going to do. I can't help him...I just can't. It's impossible...

"Now...what's with the crying?" Fell asked.

I didn't even realise I was crying. Fell lifted his other hand up to my face and wiped away the tears with his thumb. He smiled a weak smile.

"You have a kind soul, Sci. That's hard to come by these days...be proud that you tried your best."

"But...my best wasn't good enough..."

"Seeing a caring soul before I die was all I could've asked for."

I hugged Fell close. My throat was aching painfully from trying to stop myself from crying. I don't want to lose him. I can't lose him.

"I'm so sorry, Fell...I'm so sorry..."

Fell hushed me softly. "It's ok...It's not your fault, either..."

I wish I could do something. I wish I could've saved him...if only there was a cure for this damned infection. I heard someone approach us from behind. I panicked and took out Cross' knife, turning to the approacher. To my relief, it was just Asy.

"Hello!" He said cheerfully.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, putting the knife away.

"Why, standing, of course!"

True as it was, it was still weird.

"Why did you follow us?"

Asy's smile grew bigger. "To help you! And help you I will!"

Asy pulled a syringe out of his sleeve. The syringe was full of a bright blue liquid which emitted a dim glow.

"What is it?" I asked.

"A syringe the scary scientists gave me before the rotten men came! They said it was their cure!"

My eye sockets widened. "A cure?"

"Yep! The cure of all cures! What a lovely cure it is! They used on me to test it, I'm here now! Heheh!"

Asy passed the so called cure to me.

"I have a piece of paper with many words on it, too!" Asy added, showing me the paper.

It was a recipe. On the top of the paper, it said 'Zombie Cure'. Asy came from that lab that claimed to have a cure before it was overrun. I wasted no time, this was my last chance. I pushed the sleeves of Fell's jacket up his arm and pushed the syringe into it. Fell hissed in pain, but said nothing. Once the cure had been injected, I pulled the empty syringe out. Fell relaxed and his breathing returned to normal. This was a fast working cure. I laid down next to Fell and hugged him close. Now all I could do was wait.

"You two sleep now! Sleep sleep! I shall be lookout! Your protecter!" Asy chirped.

I nodded slowly and closed my eye sockets, letting sleep take hold of me.

I woke up to the relaxing sound and smell of rain. I don't know how long I slept, but it felt like it had only been five minutes. I could tell it was longer though, because Asy had fallen asleep next to me.

"Awake already?"

I looked at Fell. He was smiling pleasantly at me, his face only a few centimetres from mine. I couldn't help but smile back.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Much better." Fell replied. "Thanks to that cure you gave me."

"Well, Asy was the one who had it in the first place. So..."

"Yes, but you're still the one who gave it to me."

Fell's hand raised to my cheekbone and stroked it gently. I blushed lightly, but enjoyed his touch. To my surprise, Fell leaned in and kissed me. Despite the unexpected move, I kissed back. Fell wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to him. It was sweet and passionate. A feeling I had never felt before.

"How do skeletons kiss without lips?"

Fell and I pulled away. Fell smirked at the questionnaire, who, as you probably guessed, was Asy.

"Determination, love and just a little magic." Fell replied.

"Ohh, ok!"

Fell and I laughed. Asy is pretty funny sometimes. But that fun little moment was cut short by a threatening growl. The three of us looked over at out threatener. It had no eyes, they were rotten. like the rest of it's body. It slowly stalked towards out of the darkness, it's black teeth bared and saliva dripping from it's lipless jaws. A wolf, a zombie wolf.

"We just can't catch a break, can we?" Fell said, standing up.

I stood up too, taking out Cross' knife once again. But our hopes of defeating this creature vanished when more of the beasts appeared from the darkness.

"Hello doggies!" Asy greeted.

I quickly picked Asy up. "Come on, lets get out of here!"