Hot Spring

Sci's P.O.V

I think FC made the right choice about staying in that cave for the night. The bus doesn't smell and it's much more pleasant to be in now. I'm worried about Fell though. The infection has been getting worse and at a scary pace. Just one day it took for him to get like this. At this rate, he won't make it to the surviver camp. I'm staying close to him, I don't want him to get hurt. Last night I told FC what had happened. She promised not to tell anyone, which I was thankful for. She said that she would do her best to keep it a secret, but if any of the others did happen to find out, then she would have no choice but to let them kill Fell. I hoped it wouldn't come to that. I had some hope that I would be able to fix this.

"Sci, are you sure I'm ok?" Fell asked weakly.

"It's probably just a cold." I lied.

Fell looked down at his hands. He looked pale, even for a skeleton. I hate lying, but it's to protect him. Or, am I just putting everyone else in danger? Oh, why can't I just be sure about something for once? I looked over at Fell. It scared me a little when I saw him that time. He was still staring down at his hands. His expression with blank, but his eye lights had gone dim with a creamy colour. He was there, yet not quite there. The infection had taken another step forward, now it was trying to fully take over Fell's body. His every move, the infection wasn't planning to give up any time soon.

"Fell? Are you ok?" I asked.

Fell didn't respond. But, his hands were shaking. He's scared too. Maybe he didn't know it, but he was. I put my hand on Fell's shoulder and gently shook him. He snapped out of it, his eye lights returning to their red colour. Now his whole body was shaking.

"S-Sci...w-what's happening to me?"

I pulled Fell closer to me in a kind of hug. Fell put his foreskull against my chest and weakly held my hands.

"It'll be ok..." I whispered reassuringly. "Everything will be ok..."

I wasn't so sure of my own words. Once again, we felt the bus stop. Only this time, it was slow, calm stop.

"Hey guys, come look at this!" FC called out.

Everyone got up to see why we stopped. I helped Fell stand up and walk over to the front. We were at the top of the mountain. It was a kind of crater, the tall stone walls guarding a large hot spring at it's centre. It looked perfect to relax in.

"What do you say guys? Wanna take a break from driving and go for a swim?" FC asked.

"We don't have time for this, FC." Nightmare replied.

"Come on, Nightmare. Lighten up a bit."

"We haven't really gotten a chance to properly relax yet." Dream said. "A little break won't hurt anyone."

"Swimming! Swimming! Lets go swimming!" Asy agreed.

Nightmare huffed, crossing his arms.

"Well, you're the only one who has a problem with it. So...swimming it is!" FC announced.

Everyone except Nightmare cheered in response. Nightmare simply growled something under his breath. This was good. Some nice hot water will be good for not only Fell, but Blueberry's injury. Maybe Geno too, but he doesn't seem too bothered by the eternally bleeding slash wound across his chest.

"Just one question." Nightmare said. "What exactly are we going to be swimming in? We can't go in our regular clothes, we've only got one set each."

"I always come prepared!" FC announced proudly. "There's a whole box of board shorts up the back."

Everyone stared at FC.