Rabbit Guard Jack

Geno's P.O.V

"Geno, you need to go faster!" Reaper shouted.

"I can't help it if I can't float like you!" I shouted back.

Our only advantage on the car was that it wasn't built for high speed chases through a forest that nobody has set foot in for years. Yet, it was still managing to keep up to us. They were firing bullets, trying to hit us in non-fatal spots, just to slow us down. But apparently, they're all bad shots. Not a single bullet got anywhere near us. Unfortunately, they were smart enough to realise that they wouldn't be able to catch us whilst in the car. So, they stopped the car and hopped out, continuing the chase on foot.

"They're gonna catch us!" I said, looking back at them.

Reaper grabbed my hand and practically dragged me along. He was so much more faster then I was. We kept darting around the trees, trying to figure out the way to the surviver camp. If we could just get there, then the camp guards would stop the arena guards from attacking us. The trees were thick above us, however, and we couldn't see the wall surrounding the camp. A sudden, sharp pain shot through my shoulder and I cried out. I fell from the impact, Reaper stopped and turned to help me back up. But the guards had already surrounded us.

"Don't move!" One of the guards ordered.

I felt blood flow from my shoulder. One of those damn guards got me. Reaper kneeled down next to me, ignoring the guard's order.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

"I've had better days..." I groaned, hissing in pain as I sat up.

"Put your hands above your head!" Another guard ordered.

Reaper glared at him with his cold, empty eye sockets and stood back up. "Just leave us alone. We're getting to that surviver camp whether you like it or not!"

The guard growled and whispered an order to another guard, who ran off seconds later. All the guards aimed their guns at us, whilst the one who seemed to be in charge stepped forward. She was a human, about five feet tall with long brown hair.

"My patience is thin, warrior." She said coldly. "Put your hands above your head. Now."

Reaper said nothing. He slowly reached into the pocket of his cloak.

"I will not warn you again. Put your hands above your head."

Reaper's hand closed around something. I couldn't see it, but it seemed to be a weapon. Just as the guard was going to give the order to fire, Reaper flung a knife out his pocket and at her. But the guard caught the knife, rather impressively. The guard raised her hand, giving an order. That other guard that had run off before came back with some kind of taser. They wasted no time in shocking Reaper with it. He cried out, falling to his knees.

"Don't you attack me!" The chief guard yelled. "I'll see that you regret that!"

She gave another order and the guard with taser came up to me, aiming to use said taser on me. Reaper shook off the shock and tackled the guard down. He yelled at the guard, telling him to never even think about touching me. The guard shoved the taser at him, shocking him again. I was surprised, not expecting Reaper to take a hit for me. Yes, he saved me from a zombie bear, but actually take the pain? Not what I was expecting.

After a long, painful moment of Reaper and the guard struggling, the guard pushed Reaper to the side. Reaper just laid there, trembling slightly in pain. The chief guard huffed and gave the order to take us back to the car. My hands were bound behind me as we were escorted. My shoulder was killing me, but I didn't complain. The guards had to carry Reaper to their car. We were left in the back of the car, with a guard at the wheel and another just behind them. The other guards stood around the car, seemingly waited for the others.