Part 1: Chapter 1

Part 1 - Jay's POV.

Chapter 1

There always tends to be an eye-catching surprise in the background of your photos while you, or whatever the subject may be, are in the foreground as the focal point of the image. What would normally catch our eye are people. Those random people you see in the background may meaning nothing more than an ant. But sometimes it leaves you wondering...

Or maybe it's just me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mate, you have to stop looking at that photo." Tom told me. In my hand was a photo of me and a fan, who printed the photo and sent it to us. Each of the boys had their own individual photos.

"Yeah, you've stared at that fan enough." Max added.

But it wasn't the fan I was looking at. It was a brunette girl, who looked about Nathan's height and age, in the background. She had a pair of sunglasses sitting on her head and was holding an ice cream spoon in her mouth. She just so happened to be looking at something behind the photographer and her gaze to something in the distance added to her beauty. It was almost poetic. She was on the left side of the photograph and in focus instead of out, although she was in the background.

"JAY-BIRD!" I don't know how it happened - I probably spaced out - but Nathan's face was suddenly right in front of mine and he had just yelled in my face.

"We gotta head to the next room to meet the winners." Nathan told me and I followed him. We were in New York again, where I had that photo taken that had the beauty that was the random girl in the background.

I still remember what she wore and what she looked like. I had forced myself to try to remember which girl in the crowd she was. She had pale skin, mine was still paler. It didn't show in the photo, but she had beautiful rosy cheeks. I know, it could have been makeup. But they were still beautiful. She was wearing a white sundress with a belt across her waist. She was carrying a brown bag, on her left shoulder. Her hair, a beautiful shade of brown with barely visible blonde streaks, was waved and looked completely natural, being blown by the wind. I even remembered she was eating chocolate flavored ice-cream on that warm summer day in New York City.

I had told Siva about it once, and vaguely to Nathan.

"You're either in love," Siva's voice played in my head. "Or it was a dream your forcing yourself to remember." Nathan's. I told this to both of them at different times, but they said the exact same thing to me.

I thought of the slim chances that I would run into her again, and for a minute I thought it was indeed a dream when I saw her face in the room we walked into.

New York Beautyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें