Part 3: Chapter 14

[A/N: Had a blast at The Wanted's concert last night!! I was standing by the side of the aisle and Nathan's face was so close oh God!!! Anyway, this is the second last chapter and I might be posting the very last one tonight as well. Like I may have mentioned in the previous chapter, I know the story's gotten really predictable but I couldn't think of another way to end it :( x]

Part 3 - Jay's POV.
Chapter 14

"What do you mean she faked it? How do you even fake a car accident?"
"Her dad's a doctor isn't he?"
"Yeah?" I said and she looked at me, waiting for me to figure it out myself.
"She got her dad to set up the hospital ward for her. He wrapped up her arm and she used make up for the bruise."
"And why would she do that?" I asked, folding my arms in across my chest.
"To get your sympathy so you'd take her back, obviously."
"Oh please, she doesn't think of me that lowly!" I yelled, forcing myself to believe that Jasmine was saying all of it just to psycho me out of the engagement.
"Well how would you know?! Have you even spoken to her about the accident?!" She yelled, her New York accent thickening.
"No, because she wanted to get over it. Neither of us have any experience, but near death experiences change people, Jasmine. She said she saw me when her life flashed before her eyes."
"Oh that 'not your whole life flashes before your eyes, but just the important parts?' thing from that episode of How I Met Your Mother? Psh, she needs to cut the bullshit! And if you don't wanna listen, fine. But don't dare say I didn't try to save you from making the biggest mistake of your life, James McGuiness. We've all tried but obviously you're too fucking stubborn to listen." She said and stormed out. I stood in shock for a moment as I had never once heard Jasmine swear, I almost thought she was incapable of it.

After Jasmine shut the door, I heard heavy breathing. I looked out the peep hole and there she was, with her back to the door. She stood there for about a minute before she ran off, in the direction of Siva and Nareesha's flat.

I went on to get ready for my date with Leslie. I grabbed my wallet and saw something slip out. I got down to pick it up and realized it was the photo I had of me with a fan and Jasmine in the background.

I remembered Jasmine as the sweetest little girl ever. Someone who would never lie, who never got angry unless it was necessary. *Maybe she was telling the truth...*

"Hey Seev, is Jas there?" I asked when I called.
"Yeah, but I don't think you should be talking to her. She told us about going to your place earlier."
"Ahh, crap."
"She's right, yknow. We've all tried but it's up to you whether you wanna listen." Siva said and hung up.
*You've messed up, Jay. Big time.*

Less than 5 minutes later, I heard the front door open then close, followed by Leslie's footsteps.
"Ready to go?" She asked me and we made our way to dinner.

"Hey, how've you been since the accident?" I asked and she slowly looked up from her food. "I just realized I haven't asked you about it." I added and looked out for the signs of her lying.
"I've been okay, thanks for asking."
"You don't have to go for any check-ups or anything?"
"Nope," she said, seeming nervous enough. I knew Leslie, and I knew that if she didn't prepare right to tell a lie, she'd be as nervous as she was.
"Good then," I smiled and returned to my food when she returned the smile.
I noticed some cameras flashing and realized we were actually sat closer to the window than I'd thought. While I looked away, Leslie was having a lot of fun waving and smiling at the cameras.

"You alright, babe?"
"Yeah," I lied. "Just not feeling too well."
"Oh. You wanna go home?"
"It' alright." I said and then told her I'd go to Tom's place for a bit before heading home.

Of course the news spread fast. Tom and Kelsey lectured me about Leslie lying the minute I walked into their flat.

"Look, I've heard it all from Jas, okay?" I sighed.
"She's torn up, yknow," Tom said. "Really disappointed in you for 'back-sliding'."
"Back-sliding?" I asked, confused at the new term.
"Apparently something people say when you get back with one of your ex's. She got it from New Girl." Kelsey explained.

I don't know how she did it, but Jasmine had talked some sense into me after everyone else failed. She not only reminded me of how much of a bitch Leslie was (everyone else had done that already), but she also proved to me that Leslie was still the old Leslie. Which now made sense considering there was no near-death-experience that would've changed her.

But how was I going to approach her about it? Leslie, I mean. If I tell her I found out through Jasmine, she would kill her (but then again I doubt she could with Jessica around). And then there was the press. They might think this was all a publicity stunt (which it probably was for Leslie) set up by our management (which it wasn't). There was too much to consider, I knew I couldn't call off the engagement too soon without the consequences of being famous biting me in the ass. But I knew one thing was for sure (after thinking about it for quite some time at Tom's), Jasmine was the one I was in love with. That time I was sure.