Part 2: Chapter 7

[A/N: Decided to publish the next chapter to make up for the super short previous one. Enjoy! x]

Part 2 - Jasmine's POV.

Chapter 7

"Hey, Nareesha.." I slowly approached her. Siva was out with the rest of the boys and I thought if I wanted to know this, I had to ask now.

"Yes, babe?"

"How long were Jay and Leslie together?" I asked, sitting next to her on the sofa.

She put down her magazine and told me that they were together for close to a year and that because of Leslie, he suffered - in the eyes of everyone else.

"You think he still... Y'know, loves her?"

"He could say he doesn't, but he may be thinking and feeling differently."

I was on Skype that evening with Jessica, updating her on what was going on with Jay.

"Does mom know?" Jessica asked.

"Yeah, I talked to her about it at lunch today. Even talked to Nareesha about it."

"This Leslie, chick. She pretty?"

"I guess so..." I said, not seeing how it linked to anything.

"What's she like?"

"I dunno, but according to Nareesha she's a total bitch."

"Hmm. Well then I wouldn't know what to think about it."

"You didn't even know what to think about it from the start, did you?" I teased.

I was at the mall with Kelsey the next day, while Nareesha went with the boys for their gig.

"Nareesha told me about you asking about Leslie." Kelsey suddenly brought up while we were looking through some blazers.

"Wait what?" I asked, caught off-guard and slightly confused.

"You asked her about Leslie, right?" Kelsey dumbed it down for me.

"Oh." I said, looking through more things in the store. "Yeah, I just asked if Jay still liked her and what she was like.."

"I'll bet she said Leslie was a total bitch."

"Everyone's said that!" I chuckled.

Kelsey went on to tell me how true it was - that Leslie was a complete pain in the ass. She was a suck-up who only dated Jay with the intention of becoming famous for having a boyfriend in a boy band. She always pushed him around, acting like a princess and treating him like her servant. But he didn't see what she was doing to him and they all felt bad for him. He was stubborn, refusing to accept the fact that she was that way.

"I'm just glad he figured it out, broke up with her and met you." She said.

"Met me?" I asked, confused again.

"Erm. Yeah." She said as if she had let a secret slip out. "He was gutted for quite a while after the break up, demoralizing himself the be the biggest idiot for not seeing what Leslie was really like. We'd tell him and it wasn't his fault. It all stopped when they came back from America and Siva told Nareesha who told me about Jay meeting you."

I took a minute to digest what she told me. That I made Jay move on from his break up. Did it mean he had feelings for me? Or did it just make me, somehow, his rebound from Leslie?