Part 1: Chapter 4

[A/N: 2 chapters in 1 day because I feel like I owe my loyal readers for not publishing yesterday. Enjoy! x]

Chapter 4

Jasmine and Jessica had come over to England, and we were the ones showing them around whenever their grandparents weren't. Nareesha and Kelsey even became good friends with the twins. Their goal of this trip was to connect more to their English roots, which I'm sure was achieved.

"Hey boys," Jessica greeted us when she opened the door of her grandparents' house. We greeted their grandparents, Aiden and Victoria, and I went to the guest room to talk to Jasmine.

It seemed virtually impossible how she always seemed to look so beautiful. She was wearing the same white sundress she wore the day I first saw her in New York. She had her hair up in a messy - yet in some ways neat - bun. She was standing by the window, looking out with her arms folded across her chest.

"Hey, what'cha looking at?" I said with the best impression of an American accent I could do.

"Hey," she said with a pathetic attempt of a chuckle. "I love the view here."

"You don't get many sunny days like this here in England. It's always raining - almost depressing."

"I don't wanna leave," Jasmine said and caught me off guard by hugging me for comfort. It took me about 3 seconds to wrap my arms around her petite body.

"You don't have to, do you?" I asked her, not moving from our hug.

"I actually kinda do." She sighed, as we unwrapped our arms from each other. "Most people think Jessica's the strong one protecting her innocent twin sister, but on the contrary, it's me looking out for her. She's like an untimed bomb that could go off any second. And being her twin, I'm the only one who can accurately tell when she's gonna go off and prevent it in time. She was this close to getting herself so badly hurt when I stayed here for a week, leaving her in New York."

What she said confused me at first, but after thinking about it, it kinda made sense. She had to go back to New York, just like how I had to come back to England.

"I've only been here once for a week before this and now for 3 weeks, but I've already become so connected to this place."

"Because you're English. Apparently more English than your sister."

"What if she stayed too?" I asked.

She moved to sit down on the bed and said she's spoken to Jessica about it who didn't want to stay away from New York. Being a twin myself, I understood that I couldn't exactly just separate them without having one of them hate me forever.

I sat down next to her the only sounds we could hear were the birds chirping outside the window and the distant laughter of the boys, Jessica, Aiden and Veronica from the living room.

"And I wanna stay here with you guys," she said. "I'unno, I haven't had this much fun in a really long time."

"Yeah, I-- we want you guys to stay here too," I said.

By the late afternoon, we had said our goodbyes to the girls at the airport before they went into the departure halls. To the rest of the lads I seemed "scarily quiet".

"Mate, you'll see her again someday." Max pointed out. I'd give him an A for effort in trying to cheer me up. I didn't exactly know why, but it hurt pretty bad that she was leaving and I didn't know exactly when I could see her again.