Part 2: Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I had a week before I had to go back to New York after the photoshoots to tell my boss in America if I wanted to be based there or in the UK. For some girl time, I was having lunch with Jessica, Nareesha and Kelsey.

"How're you handling the engagement?" Kelsey asked me at lunch.

"I'm all good with it." I said. "And besides, it shouldn't botherme anyway."

"But it does," Jessica sighed.

"So what?" I said softly.

"You haven't tried talking him out of it, have you?" Nareesha asked.

I looked down at my food and said, "I still haven't figured out I'd say."

The girls tried giving me ideas, but I didn't think any of them would've worked, even though I considered for a bit. And then we got a not so pleasant surprise from a not so pleasant person.

"Oh, hello ladies.." Leslie said. "Wait, there're 2 Jasmines?" She giggled in the girliest, most irritating way possible.

"I'm her twin sister, Jessica."

"Lovely to meet you. Oh, and just perfect that I ran into you girls. I was gonna stop by your places and ask if you wanted to be my bridesmaids." Leslie asked, and Kelsey looked like she was going to choke on her chicken.

"At your wedding?" Nareesha asked.

"Yeah, of course."

"You know, I've always wanted to be a bridesmaid at one of the boys' weddings," Kelsey started. "But no way would I wanna be your bridesmaid."

*Ooooooooo* I thought, trying to hold back my laughter. I turned to my twin sister who was clearly trying to do the same.

"Oh." Leslie said calmly but I could see flames replacing her pupils. "And, Nareesha?"

"Yeah, no thanks."

"Jasmine?"

"I'll probably be working during the wedding and since I'm new I wouldn't wanna wreck it."

"Jessica?"

"Man, I don't even know you." My sister chuckled.

Leslie nodded and walked out.

"Wow," Nareesha mouthed as I watched Leslie walk to a familiar car. It was the car I saw parked outside Jay's house when I stormed off that wasn't there when I went to hide.

"Hey, Leslie got into a car accident, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, in case you've forgotten." Kelsey said.

"I thought they don't allow you to drive your own car - let alone drive at all - after you've gotten into an accident for a year?"

"Yeah," Nareesha said.

"Then why did I just see Leslie, who got in a car accident like 5 months ago, walk into her car?"

"How do you know it's her car?" Jessica asked and I told her I saw it when I ran out of Jay's house.

"Oh my God, what if she didn't even get into the accident?" Kelsey said.

"What, you think she went to the trouble to fake it?" Nareesha asked.

"Yeah, and besides, she was in the hospital with a cast on her arm and a pretty bad bruise on her head. I was there when Jay went to see her, remember?"

"Her dad's a doctor!" Nareesha said as if she just had the greatest idea ever.

"Oh my God," I repeated Kelsey. "See, if had known that earlier it would've made more sense."

Nareesha said she could call Daniel and ask him herself, we made our way to her place and spoke to him on loudspeaker. And it surprised us that he admitted to how he'd helped Leslie lie.

"My dad and I only gave in because we'd hoped he wouldn't fall for it and that she'd learn a lesson of some sort." Daniel said.

"Well, we appreciate telling us, Dan," Nareesha said.

"Oh hey, I'm sorry for what's going on. Jasmine must be devastated."

"Ah, yeah, of course, bye Daniel!" Kelsey said, trying to cover up once Daniel said the first syllable of my name.

"Well at least now we know she was lying." Jessica said.

"Yeah, but how're we gonna tell Jay? If we tell it straight to his face, he'll never believe us." Kelsey said.

"Hey, Jas could do it as her way to convince Jay to call off the engagement." Nareesha suggested.

And then I started thinking... *How am I gonna prove Jay's fiancee lied to him?*

[A/N: Hello lovlies! I've had an awesome Saturday so far. Had a netball carnival this morning and it was awwwwwwsome! ahahaha. And tomorrow I'm seeing The Wanted's concert in Singapore!!! So stoked. Oh and becauase I have a pretty fully planned day for tomorrow, I'm publishing a second chapter in a bit! x]