Part 2: Chapter 10

[A/N: New cover!! Thanks to my friend distanthearts for making it for me and randomly sending me the link to it. Love'ya babe!! Check out her stuff guys, it's good! Oh, and if you wanna see the old cover, it's in the media ;) Enjoy this one~ x]

Chapter 10

"JASMINE! PHONE FOR YOU!" Jessica yelled from the living room to my room.

I picked up the phone from the hallway by the stairs and signaled to her that she could hang up from the living room phone.

It was Eliot Jackson on the phone. He was from Fieldings Photography - a photography agency based in England that I've been trying to get a job at forever - and he was always the guy you went to when you wanted to work at Fieldings Photography. He called to tell me I got a job as a new photographer after someone made a recommendation to them.

"Um, may I know who made this recommendation?"

"James McGuiness, about 2 months ago." He said and I remembered how it was almost a year ago that I had first met Jay and he told me he'd try to get me a photography job. And it was about 5 months since I left England on my last trip. 5 months since I screamed at Jay in an airport in front of thousands.

"Ms. Brooks, are you there?"

"Oh! Yes, yes I'm still here."

"Sooo, what about that job, hun?"

"I'd love to take it!"

"Great! I'll email you whatever details you need for your first day."

"Thank you such much!" I said and the call ended.

I squealed as I ran down the stairs to where Jessica was.

"What happened?!" She jumped, holding a spatula like a baseball bat in a defensive stance.

"I got a job at Fieldings!"

"The Fieldings?!" Jessica repeated, putting the spatula down on the kitchen counter.

"Uh-huh. Eliot Jackson himself called!!" I replied and we held each other, jumping and squealing the way girls would.

"That's great!! How'd you get it?"

"By recommendation," I said, in a much less excited tone. "Made by Jay. 2 months ago.."

She gasped. "That means he did it even after the incident at the airport?"

"Duh."

"I would call him if I were you."

"I want to! But with timezone difference and everything. It isn't that easy, Jess."

In a flash, Jessica took my wrist and spun me around, took my phone from my back pocket, and before I could register what she did and react, it was pressed against her ear. In the silence of our surroundings, I heard a faint ringing from my phone.

"Hello, can I speak to Jay?" Jessica said, imitating my British accent.

"Jessica!!" I shrieked.

"Wait, who is this?" Jessica asked, in her normal accent, while walking away from me before I could hit her. "Fine, it's none of my business who you are, I just wanna to talk to Jay.... I don't frickin' care!... Damn right you should cuz I can pound your ass..." *Oh dear God..*

"Oh, hey Jaybird." This time Jessica spoke, again, in her perfect impression of me. *OH DEAR GOD.* I repeated the thought as I felt my eyes widen. Jessica, being Jessica, cheekily just raised an eyebrow.

"I just wanted to say thanks for the recommendation to the photography agency.... Oh alright!" She ended, back in her normal accent. "Alright, alright, I'm sorry! Here she is."

"Jay?" I said to the phone when Jessica gave it to me.

"There she is," he said happily.

"Hey. Well, like Jess said, I wanted to say thank you."

"You're very welcome. It's hard to believe my recommendation got turned down by so many people--"

"How many agencies have you gone to exactly?"

"Fieldings was the 8th. And honestly, I would've started there if I had known they had an opening. And besides, I told you I'd try to get you a job, didn't I?"

"You did, but I didn't think you'd actually do it even after me screaming at you the way I did."

"Well I don't hold grudges, and a promise is a promise."

"But you didn't promise me.." I said, confused.

"I promised myself that I wouldn't stop till I got you a job." He said and it made the butterflies fly in every direction within my stomach and my heart melt.

"Well then, thanks again." I said and after he said it was no problem, I hung up and immediately dialed Nareesha's number, telling myself how much of an idiot I was for not asking Jay what time it was in England.

"Jassy!" Nareesha said when she picked up the call after the 2nd ring.

"Before I go on," I rushed. "What time is it there?"

"About noon."

"Okay, good. Is Jay still with Leslie?"

"Yeah," she sighed disappointed. "He still talks about you the same way."

"What way?"

"In the way someone would talk about their crush." She said as if it was normal news when in fact, it was a pretty big deal. She then asked why I wanted to know and I explained the recommendation to her. After congratulating me, I let her go back to whatever it was she was doing.

I started to think, that maybe Jay wasn't as angry at me as I thought he was. Because I, honestly, wasn't that angry at him anymore. I realized that if I cared for him, I'd let him be happy with whoever; even if it was his bitchy, pain-in-the-ass, awful ex-girlfriend.

But the news that came to me from Kelsey when I called her about my new job almost changed it all.