Part 2: Chapter 11

Chapter 11

When me, Jessica and Jayne walked into Jay's flat and heard yelling.

"That's it, he's lost his mind!" Siva said and then laughed it his own pun.

"Oh ha-ha, Siva," I said, walking into Jay's room where the rest of the band, Jayne, Tom (Jay's twin), Kelsey and Nareesha were.

"Hello boys," Jessica said. I looked and saw that everyone else looked upset. *Ohh, boy.*

"Whaaaat's going on?" Jessica asked, turning to everyone then me. I gave my best "I dunno either" look, but I'm sure I wasn't convincing enough.

"You didn't tell them?" Nathan asked.

"Well I didn't see the need to." Jay said. "I thought Kelsey and Nareesha would tell Jasmine all about it and then pass the message to Jessica like I'm sure they always do."

"Oi!" Tom and Siva said together.

And then everyone started yelling at Jay again as I just stood at a side. Jayne patted me on the shoulder and looked at me with gentle eyes.

"HEY!" Jessica screamed and everyone shut up. *Oh no...*

"Someone better tell me what the hell is going on here." She said. "Or I will screw each one of you over."

"I proposed to Leslie." Jay said. I could tell he was trying to be careful with his words, terrified of my sister.

"Your ex-girlfriend, Leslie?"

"Yeah.."

"You get my sister her dream job, I call to say thanks, I come with her to England for her first assignment just so I can personally say thank you and you give me this shit?!" Jessica said as if she was going through it all first-hand. It made me realize about how much crap Jay was putting me through, giving me all sorts of mixed signals.

"It was Leslie who answered your phone that day, wasn't it? Wasn't it?!" She repeated when he didn't reply.

"Yeah, it was." He said firmly. I looked over to everyone else who looked just as terrified as him.

I guess I was so caught up in my own thoughts that I didn't know how it happened but the next thing I knew, Jessica was rolling with Jay off the bed and he was just lucky I reacted quick enough to hold her arm back before she could punch him. She stood up and I offered a hand to help Jay get up.

"Thanks." He muttered.

"I'm sorry about her." I said and he shook his head telling me that it was okay.

Right after the dramatic scene, I told the rest that I decided to go to the location of the wedding photoshoot I was working on instead of sticking around and Jayne offered to drive me and Jessica there.

"This place is amazing!" Jessica shrieked. And she was right. The shoot was at a park, the water under the bridge was crystal clear. The grass looked as green as ever. The park was so beautiful that nothing could ruin it - until, ironically enough, I remembered how I thought my relationship with Jay was too amazing to mess up. I walked around the park with Jayne behind me as I took photos of the park while Jessica ran around since we were there early.

"The rest of the boys, management and myself aren't the only ones who want Jay to call off the proposal." Jayne told me. "Majority of the Fanmily do to."

"Really?" I asked. "I always thought they'd be as supportive of Jay as they were when Max announced his engagement to Michelle."

"Well, they all know about Leslie and what she was like to Jay."

"I just hope they convince him out of it."

"You know there is one last person who hasn't tried talking him out of it yet." She hinted.

"What, you want me to try to talk to him?" I asked and got the obvious answer.

"It's worth a shot." She said.

I spent the rest of the day thinking of what I could do to convince Jay to call the engagement off. But what could I say? That I loved him? He loved Leslie, I doubt it would work. I could try reminding him of what a bitch Leslie was, but I'm sure everyone else already did that. I thought going back to New York and getting the job would take my mind of Jay. But reality decided to serve me a fresh dish of irony when the British photography agency, Fieldings, sent me back to England for work. *Looks like this isn't that easy to escape.*