Part 2: Chapter 9

[A/N: I can't stop listening to I Found You, is that normal?? HAHAHA. Anyway, I'll be seeing The Wanted live in Singapore in 4 days; on the 16th of September! STOKEDDD.  Enjoy this chapter! :) x]

Chapter 9

"You're still not going to tell me why you've decided to leave earlier?" My mom asked. I was packing my stuff and my mom was getting ready to drive me to the airport.

"I know it's about Jay, isn''t it?"

"Yeah," I sighed. "It is."

"What happened?" She asked, sitting on the sofa, inviting me to join her.

"I dunno," I sighed deeply as I sat next to her. "He suddenly stopped giving me the time of day and apparently he was seeing his ex-girlfriend."

"His-- oh. And none of the others told you?"

"They didn't know either. Every time he went to see her I was with you and he'd tell them he was with me."

"Wow." My mom said. My mom was the kind of person who would be something to fit your situation. If me or Jess needed someone to talk to, she'd be more of a teen/young adult. If we needed her advice, she'd be a mom. She was our best friend, in simpler terms.

I thought about how I didn't tell Jay I was leaving. But then I thought that if did care about me he would've called me after I snuck into his house and saw Leslie walk in. Yeah, he didn't even call to explain. I guess he took my "don't explain" a little too seriously. And then I thought (I had quite a lot of time during the car ride to think) that maybe the boys would've told him about it. *Not like he'd do anything about it.*

"We've got an hour before you board. Wanna get a quick bite?" My mom asked.

"Er, yeah." I said, getting up and then - I swear - I heard someone call my name out.

"Did you hear that?"

"Hmm?"

"My name.. Did you hear someone call my name?" I said but my mom brushed it off as me hearing things and teased me about the attention from spending time with The Wanted was getting to my head.

And then I heard someone squeal.

"What is going on?" I asked, slightly frustrated.

"Oh my God, it's Jay!!" I heard someone scream *Oh, great.*

"Jasmine!" I heard his voice.

"Okay, that time I heard it." My mom said.

"I'm not here, I'm not here, I'm not here." I repeated.

"Jasmine, what is your problem??" He grabbed my arm, turned me around, and asked.

"Yeah, it's my turn to be pissed off. And I don't care if I'm making a scene - I already made a scene by coming in here. I'm not leaving till you tell me what's going on."

"Why don't you tell me, huh?" I said. "Like I said, you weren't giving me the time of day all of a sudden. You don't talk to someone everyday, make them feel so damn special then leave them hanging the way you did to me."

"So you thought that was a good reason to sneak into my flat?"

"Well what else was I gonna do?!" I yelled and heard my mom mentioned that my New Yorker accent came out again. It always did when I yelled angrily. "You weren't gonna tell me anyway, and I wanted some answers."

There was a crowd surrounding us now, watching me - a girl the paparazzi had seen with The Wanted multiple times as one of their best friends - furiously yelling at Jay McGuiness. He looked as angry as I felt, even though honestly I think he didn't deserve to be as angry as I was. I was the one who was left hanging with no explanation.

"I'm just confused, okay?" Jay said quietly.

"You've already made a mistake with Leslie once," I stated. "Why are you taking another chance on her? Why not with me, someoen you could start anew with?" I asked.

What I said made him go silent. It really made him think about what he was doing. It gave me some hope, that maybe he was having second thoughts about getting back with Leslie and would instead get together with me. But what he said crushed me, made it feel like that the whole world stopped and everything dropped.

"I still love Leslie. I'm sure of it."

"Well good for you, then," I said and stormed off, similarly to how I did at his flat.

Before I entered the departure hall, my mom told me everything was going to be fine. I turned one last time to wave bye to her and caught a glimpse of Jay not too far away.

I texted Nareesha and Kelsey, updating them on the Jay situation, before the air stewardesses reminded me for the millionth time to turn my phone off. I ran my hand through my hair and sighed as a male with curled hair sat next to me. *This is gonna be a long flight.*