Part 2: Chapter 8

Chapter 8

My phone lived in silence for a few days. I usually got texts or calls from Jay no matter how busy the boys were. He'd text me good morning, and to ask how my day was going at lunch and the only times we didn't talk on the phone at night was when we were at dinner together. Even when The Wanted had gigs he'd call me right before he got on stage and I'd give him a pep talk and he'd call again after the show to tell me how it went.

"But I'll be driving all over the place working most of the time," my mom told me when I asked if I could join her on her trip to England. At the time I said it was okay because I wanted to spend time with the boys, Nareesha and Kelsey like I did on my last trip there. And yes, to be honest, I just really wanted to be with Jay. When I first met him it was like "Omg, it's Jay from The Wanted!!" After we met it was like "Hey, Jaybird, ready to go?" And now it was like "Hey, Kels, have you heard from Jay? Seev, how's Jay when you see him?" "TomTom, does Jay ever mention me?"

I got nothing from Jay anymore. I was spending most of my time with either Nareesha, Kelsey or both of them. Not that it's a bad thing, but it was definitely saying something.

"Hey Kels. Do you know what time the boys are going home?" I asked Kelsey after I came up with a pretty last minute plan.

"Tom said he'll be home by 5, why?"

"I've got a little something up my sleeve," I said cheekily. After a giggle and well wish from Kelsey, she hung up and I got ready to go to Jay's.

I waited beside Jay's flat, making sure I would be out of sight. I saw the boys' van pull up outside the flat and I got ready. He opened the door, as wide as he usually did - my plan was falling into place. I jumped over the railing of the staircase and quietly squeezed through the door before he grabbed the doorknob and jumped when he saw me.

"Wha--"

"What's your deal, huh?" I asked and slammed the front door shut. I was surprised at how much of a New Yorker I sounded because I was so angry. "Not giving me the time of day all of a sudden?"

"What're you talking about, Jassy?"

"Psh, don't give me that shit. I would understand if you were genuinely busy but if they other boys could make time to hang out with me, why couldn't you?"

"Oh. Err, about that..."

"Yeah? About that what?"

Jay looked like he was about to explain when the front door - which we were still standing pretty close to - opened. A girl about Tom's height with long, beautifully waved blonde hair, dressed in a plain white tank top, tucked into high waist shorts, showing off her amazing long legs, finished off with a cute pair of wedge high heels was standing at the door, with her fingers tapping away on her phone. I looked back to her face and took about a minute to register who it was.

"Leslie," Jay gasped.

"Hey babe," she said walking in, kissing Jay on the cheek and making her way to the kitchen, totally ignoring my presence and existence.

*Babe? And she has keys to his flat? What is going on?*

"I can explain--"

"Yeah, you don't have to." I said and stormed off.

I didn't exactly know where I was going. I told Nareesha about my plan - I would go talk to Jay, we'd make up and then go out for dinner - and she decided she'd go to dinner with Siva. I intended on going back to their flat but I left my keys inside. I didn't want to bother either of them. My mom was busy at work too, so she couldn't pick me up. *To Starbucks for a few hours it is.*

"Oh thank God," I heard a familiar voice say in relief an hour later. I turned around and saw it was Kelsey. "Tom, I found her at Starbucks." She said on the phone an ended a call.

"Hey, Kels," I said as if everything was fine.

"You leave Jay's house without telling any of us where you're going, leaving us all worried looking all over the place for you and all you have to say is 'Hey Kels'??" She said in a I'm-not-actually-angry-I-was-just-really-worried-and-scared way. Reminded me a lot of how I got lost one day at the mall and my mom went mental looking for me.

"Oh I'm just so happy you're okay." She said giving me a hug.

"Not completely okay," I say remembering how angry I am at Jay.

"I swear, we didn't know he was seeing her again. We thought the hospital was the last time he saw her. Apparently every time he told us he was with you, he was actually with Leslie. He was just really lucky that whenever he lied about it, you were with your mom or alone and Seev & Nareesha's flat."

I wanted to tell Kelsey that I wanted to here it from Jay himself but I knew that what she told me was all I needed to hear.

I just couldn't believe that Jay was seeing Leslie again.