Part 2: Chapter 13

[A/N: Second chapter of the day~ Enjoy! x]

Chapter 13

"Hey," I said when Jay opened the door of his flat. "Is this a bad time?"

"Leslie isn't here, if that's what you mean." He said. "Come in."

I looked around to see his flat had undergone quite a make over and thought that maybe I didn't notice the last time I came by because straight we were sent straight to Jay's room then. There would be a framed photo of Jay and Leslie being all couple-y on any surface a photo frame could be placed. I guessed that some of those photos were from before they broke up. Probably Leslie's, too, because when Jay told me he wanted to completely let go of Leslie, I sarcastically suggested he put up a small fire in an old cookie tin and burn all the photos and letters from her which he took seriously and did with my help. I realized the place was a lot cleaner too, Leslie had obviously helped him clean up (he never let me clean up when I offered, he always said it was the housekeeper's job).

"Sooo, what brings you here?" Jay asked.

"Um... You know how everyone else has been trying to talk you into calling off the engagement--"

"And you're here for your turn," Jay guessed correctly. "Go ahead. But you're wasting your time."

I went on to tell him what Daniel told us. That Leslie used make up for her bruises and talked her dad into setting up a hospital ward and putting a cast on her fake broken arm. He didn't buy it. Yelled at me about, in fact. After shouting back and forth at each other and saying I'd tried what I could to save him from making the biggest mistake of his life, I stormed out of the flat once more and leaned against the closed door to breathe and calm myself down. *You've done what you could.* But I knew there was more I could do. *It's impossible. He won't stop.* But I knew if I tried harder it would work. Before I had a mental break down, I ran down the street, all the way to Nareesha's house.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of Part 2

[A/N: Okay, I know the story's getting a little predictable now, I'm sorry about that :( it's kind of why I decided to do one-shots more instead... Idk, maybe I'd get someone to help me write multiple-chapter stories too. But not any time soon because of upcoming exams :/ xx]