Pizza Party

_ _ _

"Very good work today, guys!" says Hyde. With every study group on campus there needed to be a professor or some sort of admin to supervise the group or club so nothing would happen. Probably so the university wouldn't end up getting sued. In Tesla and Bruce's case, so they wouldn't accidentally blow something up. While analyzing DNA and looking at the chemical make-up of living—then freshly dead—animals was fun and all, trying to make things was even more so. However, since neither Tesla nor Bruce knew exactly what they were trying to do, it ended in the two of them accidently creating fires almost every time they had their little study groups.

"Tesla, Bruce, why not participate next time?" Hyde teases, knowing very well they'll do their work in minutes and spend the rest of their days until next week bored out of their minds. This'll lead them to potentially blowing something up without any supervision.

Tesla glances over at Bruce, who shrugs a bit. Tesla shrugs back at Professor Hyde. Hyde gives Tesla a tentative smile and sighs to the other three in their bio-chem study group. "All right, see you all next week."

Picking up her backpack, Tesla follows Betty out of the room. Bruce catches the door of the classroom and lets Jenny Prig and Owen Swords through before he slips out after them. He takes a few hurried steps to get to the girls. Tesla curses to herself for not leaving the door open for Bruce instead.

"So," Betty begins, smiling widely. Betty is always in a good mood; Tesla wonders if she'll ever see Betty not in a good mood, and she's not sure if she wants to see Betty upset. "Pizza?"

Tesla shifts under the weight of her heavy backpack. Spring break is coming up; the months after Thanksgiving flew by and it is crazy to think that Tesla's first year at Harvard is almost over. She has two tests to study for before break, so getting a pizza with Bruce and Betty isn't exactly the best use of her time, especially when she's been spending so much time trying to figure out why her father had a box full of information on a man that was friends with Captain America in World War II.

"Well, I—I actually have to study, and then I work at five—"

"We can order pizza at the restaurant," offers Betty quickly. She smiles again, not seeing any problem with the idea. "I'm sure Stephen wouldn't mind." Betty, Bruce, and Tesla have spent plenty of time at The Nook since Tesla started working there. Of course, the wait staff doesn't mind, but Tesla is lying about having to study. She hasn't said a thing about all the research she's put into her father's work only to have it lead to Captain America. She's irritated about it. In this moment, standing between Betty and Bruce, Tesla misses her best friend, Kimberly Adams.

Bruce, noticing Tesla's silence, frowns slightly, "Well, maybe—"

"I'll see if Jenny and Owen would like to join us," smiles Betty, hurrying after the other two biochem majors.

Bruce and Tesla watch their sweet friend turn the corner. Bruce glances down at Tesla, who continues walking, looking straight ahead. "You know, you can tell Betty you want to study alone."

Tesla opens the door, leading the two of them outside. She shakes her head, peering up at him. His dark hair is reflecting in the sunlight, showing shades of red and light brown. Tesla bites her lip, opening her mouth. Bruce waits patiently for her to say something.

"I don't have to study tonight. I just wanted to..."

Bruce nods. "It's okay," he assures. Tesla sighs loudly. Bruce stops in front of Tesla. "Tesla, you're okay." She nods at him. "Do you want to talk?" he wonders quietly.

Ever since that Wednesday night at the restaurant three months ago, Bruce made it a thing to come study while she was working. At first it made her nervous; she was afraid she would do something to scare him off. She accidently spilled coffee on his seat, but luckily it only got on his jacket. Tesla then proceeded to forget what he ordered one time; she became so flustered that Stephen had to wait on Bruce for two of her shifts while she had a panic attack in the breakroom.