The Seers

_ _ _

Luck isn't really something Tesla believes in. Sure there are instances where she felt lucky, but luck isn't a thing. Statistically, luck doesn't work in the sense that there is a probability with a calculated outcome and that's just it. Luck cannot be calculated. Therefore it isn't real. At least not in Tesla's mind, so when Tesla has just one more second of time that she usually had in past Travels; there are a few things that she thinks could explain this change.

The first is math. The probability of everything always staying one hundred percent the same or correct every time is impossible. Even when there's a time loop. This instance is probably that little sliver of difference Tesla needs. The second probability is that Tesla is just better at knowing what is going to happen after watching it happen a few times already. The third is luck. Luck could be on her side.

Either way, she doesn't waste her opportunity to reach for Bruce. With his hand in hers, she is ready to tap the wristband, but this is when time catches up to her. No more differences, no more knowing what to do, no more luck. The rogue Watchers grab Bruce and Tesla; clearly not as aware that she is with him. Tesla watchers as Curie steps forward.

"It's all right," Tesla assures him. She shows him the wristband, hoping he'll understand. He needs to go to the lab and wait for Tesla to return with Bruce.

"Keep him close," warns Curie, nodding to Bruce.

"I will—"

The Watchers disappear with their prisoners. Nick Curie is right about the difference between teleporting through space and teleporting through time. While the military suit surely helps with the Travel, Tesla has a funny feeling—no pun intended—that the suits do not help compact this type of travel outside of the Quantum Realm.

But the trip is over before it has barely began. Bruce inhales heavily beside Tesla, eyes wide.

"What the hell?" He tries to throw the Watchers hands off of his arms, but they don't give so easily.

Tesla glances at the Watchers that let go of her. She understands why. There isn't anywhere to run. They've been teleported to the roof of a parking ramp. It's still fairly light outside where they are, but night is about to fall. They must be in a different continent.

"How?" asks Bruce, who has yet to let go of Tesla's arm. "What just happened?"

"Bruce," she says softly. "It's okay."

He glances over at her with a surprised look. "Tess, we were kidnapped."

"Just don't let go of my hand. No matter what?" Tesla gives Bruce a determined look. "Okay, big guy?" she whispers, her brown eyes soft.

One of the Watchers wearing a white sash around his shoulders over the dark blue robes, steps toward the two again. Bruce takes a step away, pulling at Tesla's hand. She stands her ground. Bruce frowns at her, wondering what on Earth has gotten into her.

"Did Xecu send you?" she questions, her blunt curiosity shining through. "Or are you not a part of the Seers?"

One Watcher turns his hooded head to his buddy standing next to him. They seem surprised that Tesla knows this information. "You dare speak of the powerful Xecu so blatantly?" the one in the white sash scowls.

"Yes, I dare!" she snaps back, pulling Bruce a step forward with her.

"Tesla," he mutters, shaking his head again. "This isn't smart."

Tesla ignores him. "Why did you try to kidnap Bruce?" The Watchers don't answer. "Answer me!" she demands.

"It was ordered that we take the man," one of them blurts, bowing his head so Tesla cannot see his tiny mouth move.