Assembling

_ _ _

_ _ _

It's funny how some things can be the best thing ever, and then suddenly it all changes so fast; like a flip of a coin. Everything about Tesla's new life felt like the heads-up of a coin, until a man in purple took her life. While her death is not forgotten, she tries not to let it get to her. She wants it to motivate her, and she wants to continue her missions, and fulfill the purpose she's supposed to fulfill. Nick, however, has other ideas, and now Tesla's new life has been flipped to the tails side of the coin.

"You're saying that my entire purpose of being is because of this guy?" snips Tesla, her palms pressed firmly against the cool black counter-top. There are loose pieces of paper fanned across the hard stone. The three adults have been spending hours and hours reliving Tesla's mission on May 11th, 2012. Every piece of information they have on the subject of the incident is in front of her.

"How come you've never heard of this guy before?" inquires Bruce, sitting at Albert Edison's—now his and Tesla's shared—desk. He has a pen in his hand, clicking it periodically to help him think.

Nick shakes his head. "I suppose he's been staying under the radar."

"Under the radar," Tesla repeats, her voice steely. She's annoyed. "He's the reason why this Loki guy attacks New York. That doesn't sound like under the radar to me. Not when this guy goes for one of the most populated cities in the United States of America!" Tesla pushes herself away from the counter, chewing at her lip. She begins to pace around the black-top. She brushes her fly-away hair out of her eyes. "This doesn't make sense. You haven't heard of him? Neither of you? What about any other Watchers? Your father? Sister?"

"They're dead, Tesla," Nick reminds her coolly.

"No shit, Nick," she snaps.

"Tess," warns Bruce, sitting up in his seat. He stares at her closely, sensing the tension coursing through her body.

The girl's shoulder's drop. She hardly noticed the tension they'd been carrying. "I'm sorry." Tesla sighs. She shoots Nick an apologetic expression. "I'm frustrated, is all. I mean, what does this mean, that I'm supposed to be here because of him? It sounds so...unscientific. It sounds prophetic and...and insane. I mean, life is not here for a greater purpose. We're here because of evolution."

Nick shrugs. "Maybe. Maybe not." Tesla and Bruce stare at him blankly, a little unamused. Nick sighs, "Either way, you are here for a greater purpose. You're a Traveler, Tesla. You're the Savior, as well. It's been a, uh, you could say prophecy well before your father and I were alive."

"How do you know I'm the one?"

"The Savior could never be a man."

Tesla stands up straighter, rolling her eyes mockingly. "How very unsexist of all of you."