Voice and Flashback

Soon, it was recess again. The students poured out of the classrooms. Killua and Gon went together, as usual. "Killua, about the assassin thing.... No one knows you are of THAT family yet. So don't try to think about it too much," Gon said.

"Yeah. Wakata (I know). Ore wa mou daijobu (I'm fine now)," Killua said with a smile. Suddenly, his head started to hurt like mad. Killua's eyes widened a little because of the sudden pain. Killua shut his eyes tight after that.

"Doushita [Read as 'doshta'](What's wrong), Killua?" Gon asked. "N-Nandemonaide (N-Nothing)," Killua said opening his eyes. 'You will never be a good hunter!' a familiar voice rang in Killua's head. The voice of his elder brother, Illumi.

Killua didn't want all the people on the corridor to think he was crazy so he clenched his fists and ignored the voice. He and Gon continued to head to the canteen.

Just as they got their food and sat down, Mikan, Iinchou, Hotaru, Sumire, Anna and Nonoko came to their table. Again. "Hey, mind if we join you guys again?" Iinchou asked.

"Oh, sure!" Gon said with a cheerful grin. Killua, as usual, kept quiet. Anna and Nonoko were starting to get used to his not-responding attitude. "I wonder when we'll get our star ranking!" Gon exclaimed.

"Yeah. I wonder what kind of star ranking you guys will get," Anna said. Killua's head started to throb again. Killua held his head in pain but did not show any expressions on his face.

'You don't need friends!' Illumi's voice was heard once again. Killua bit his lip at hearing that. 'Why am I hearing Illumi's voice so often now a days? Am I hallucinating or am losing it? What's going on wi-' Killua's train of thoughts were cut off.

"Killua? Hello!! Earth to Killua!" Gon exclaimed. Gon's voice snapped Killua out of his train of thoughts. "Huh? What is it?" Killua asked turning to his best friend.

"Killua.... You have been spacing out a lot recently. You also seem in pain sometimes. Naniikawataka (Did something happened)?" Gon asked. "I.... I think I'm just tired. Nothing else....." Killua said burying his face into his hands.

Despite being afraid of Killua, Anna and Nonoko were also worried about him. Not just them, everyone else were too. "Well.... I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to join us on a tour around the school! Mikan and the others are willing to guide us!" Gon exclaimed with his usual enthusiasm.

"I guess that would be okay... When?" Killua asked. "Later after school," Gon said. "Alright. Where will we meet and what time after school?" Killua asked. "We will meet here at the canteen at about 7:00 in the evening," Gon said.

"That late?" Killua asked raising one of his eyebrows. Gon nodded. "Imai-san is busy with her new inventions," Gon said. "Alright then," Killua said. It was settled. They shall meet at the canteen at 7:00 in the evening to have a tour around the school.

They continued eating and chatting. Killua started spacing out again. He had a flashback of when he was young about 9 years old. It was about when he failed a mission.

FLASHBACK

Young Killua walked into the gates of the mansion with worry on his face. He had never failed a mission. He was not afraid of the consequences. Instead, he was afraid that his family would loose trust in him.

The butlers, as usual, greeted him as he came back. "Welcome back, young master Killua," a tall butler with sharp eyes said. His name is Gotoh. Young Killua just walked past him as he was in a bad mood.

Young Killua went to his room an slammed the door shut. Not long after that, someone knocked on the door. Young Killua gulped. "Come in," young Killua said. The door opened and it revealed a man with long black hair. It was none other than his elder brother, Illumi.

"Killu, it seems that you have failed a mission. I am very disappointed in you," Illumi said with an expressionless face. Young Killua looked down as beads of sweat rolled down the sides of his face.

"The target had many people with guns. The people shot at me while the target ran away...." young Killua said. "Oh? You should be able to handle that by how. Anyway, father wants to see you," Illumi said.

Young Killua bit his lip. Young Killua, along with Illumi, went to their fathers room. Illumi led young Killua inside. "Thank you, Illumi. You may go now," Silva, their father said and Illumi left without a word.

"Have a seat," Silva said and young Killua, hesitatingly, went to the chair placed in front of Silva and sat down. Killu, I heard you failed a mission. Is that true?" Silva asked.

Young Killua looked down. "Hai (Yes)," Killua said. "It's alright. It is already very good. When Illumi was young, he failed his first mission at almost the same age as you," Silva said.

Young Killua was surprised. "Illu-nii (Illu big brother) has failed a mission before?" Killua asked. "Yes. All of us who goes to missions have failed a mission before. Life has its ups and downs," Silva said.

Young Killua felt relieved that he wasn't the only one. "I forgive you. Demo (but) you must still take punishment. Your punishment will also help you in strengthening your tolerance to electricity and pain," Silva said.

"You mean like shock training?" young Killua asked. A small smile appeared on his face. This training was easy. Of course, he was used to it since he was given shock training since he was born.

"Yes. But you will also be whipped at the same time," Silva said. 'Will I be able to take it that way?' young Killua thought. He had never tried that before. "Alright, father," young Killua said. "I have told Milluki to handle it. He is waiting for you downstairs," Silva said.

"I shall go now, father," young Killua said and left the room. He knew where 'downstairs' meant. It meant the punishment chambers. It was where all torture, punishment and training was given.

Young Killua went in and saw his brother waiting for him inside. "Hello, Killu. Ready for your punishment?" Milluki asked with a smirk visible on his face. Milluki loves to torture others. Especially his younger brothers.

"Whatever, hurry up an get over with it," young Killua said in a carefree tone while closing his eyes. Milluki got pissed off by his attitude. A grin was formed on young Killua's face. He loved to Milluki pissed off.

Milluki secured the chains and restraints on young Killua and the punishment began. 10000 volts of lightning shocked young Killua. Young Killua showed no expression though. But on the inside, the pain was electrifying. Of course, he was being electrocuted.

Milluki used a rubber whip and began whipping young Killua. He used a rubber whip because rubber cannot conduct electricity. Young Killua bit his lip. It was so painful!

It was because when the whip hit young Killua creating injuries, the electricity doubled the pain by electrifying the wound. But after a while, everything went numb. Young Killua started drifting off to unconsciousness.

END OF FLASHBACK

"...Eart.......t.... Kil.....Killua!!" Gon exclaimed shaking Killua's shoulders roughly. "Huh? What is it again?" Killua asked turning to his best friends once again. "Hurry up and finish your food. You've spaced out again," Gon said with a worried look on his face.

"First, I've been hearing Illumi's voice. Now I'm having flashbacks on when I failed 'it'," Killua said. "What?! Why did you keep that from me?!" Gon exclaimed. Gon knows what Killua means by 'it'. Killua meant missions.

"That Illumi again?" Sumire asked. "What's 'it'?" Anna asked raising her hands slightly. She was referring to the 'it' Killua said he failed. "You don't need to know," Killua said coldly. Anna flinched slightly at the cold response.

"Gomen (Sorry), Anna-chan, it's a secret," Gon said. "It's alright then," Anna said smiling. She doesn't want to pry into other people's secrets. Soon, the bell rang and they went back to their class. The rest of the day went on as usual. School then ended after the last period, History.