Chapter 5

(Y/N)'s POV:

The next day, we had another training session. This time it was all of us against Kakashi, he is trying to get us to work together. In one way it was helpful and in another way... it took way too long for us to get to Kakashi. Naruto being his hyper self, he always charged in, just expecting us to back him up. Sai was more reluctant, remembering how we fought in yesterday's training, he was trying to read my moves or expect them, to follow through with his attacks. Things were all over the place.

Kakashi had a blast... even though we were exhausted by the time we were done. He informed us that maybe in a couple of days, we might be sent out on a mission. I directly got excited when he mentioned that! Finally some action! If the mission is successful, maybe it will show everyone that I am to be trusted! And just like Naruto said, I am part of this village now.

Speaking of Naruto, after our talk yesterday, I had gotten to know him a little better. I was relieved and a little happy when I realized that he didn't tell anyone about what happened yesterday. The outsider talk and the thing that happened with Kiba. When they asked us what happened, Naruto simply told them we went for a walk and fresh air. He gave me a wink trying to be subtle...

Man... even if he is a loud mouth and an idiot sometimes, he can really surprise you. You always find yourself smiling around him, at least that's what's happening to me.

After training, as we were walking around the village. "Hey, you! New kid!" It was Kiba... I thought I already told him my name yesterday, and from the smirk, he had plastered, I knew he was calling me that on purpose. "I already told you, my name is (Y/N)." I give him an unamused look, but it quickly changes when Naruto elbows me, giving me a look.

I understood what he wanted and what his look meant. Yesterday, during our talk, Naruto somehow confirmed that what Sakura had told me about his childhood was true. All the bullying and name calling. He even told me how most of the people he is friends with now, when they were kids they weren't close, and he wouldn't call them friends. However, over the years, things got better; his attitude became more positive and stopped caring about other people's opinions and focused more on his goal.

He learned that there actually were people who were on his side and cared for him. Like his Academy teacher and some friends. It made things a lot easier for him, knowing he had people to watch his back and he can rely on them. Now, Kiba... that DogBreath, is actually one of his closest friends. As much as it annoyed me, he told me to apologize to him. Apparently, he is a good guy...

"Good morning Kiba-Kun..." I say with the nicest smile I could make... I know for a fact it looks fake. I bet I look like Sai now! Sorry, Sai... "are we being friendly today 'New kid'?" It's ok... we are doing this for Naruto... let's breathe and relax. "Kiba-Kun! Stop being rude! Sorry (Y/N)-Chan. G-Good morning N-Naruto-Kun." Ah... the princess is here too. Why is she always with DogBreath? It's so obvious that she likes Naruto...

"Yo Hinata! How are you?" Naruto responses too normally... I bet he doesn't have a clue about her feelings. Haha, poor girl. "I-I'm good." She glances towards me with a nervous look; I notice it before DogBreath gets all over my space. "So '(Y/N),' are you doing well in your job?" What is this idiot talking about? I take a step back to regain my personal space, "what job? And have you heard of personal space?"

"Oh you know, protecting your boyfriend of course!" Boyfriend?

"What are you talking about?" Now to make things more clear, my entire team is here, it's not just Naruto, and I. Sakura was talking with Hinata while Naruto was listening in. Sai and Kakashi are just looking and listening to our conversation. And remember how I said no one knows what happened yesterday? So everyone except Naruto is pretty confused... and adding the boyfriend thing... now everyone is looking at us and wondering what is going.