Chapter 29

(Y/N)'s POV:

As I wake up the next day, today's plan plays in my head. If we follow it step by step, and no problems occur, it will work. Hopefully! But if it doesn't work... we could get in serious trouble. Naruto just became a hero to these people... it would be horrible if only a few days later he is considered to be a threat and a traitor... I can't let that happen to him, not after everything he did just to be accepted.

I go out of my tent and search for Kakashi; this is supposed to be a plan just between Naruto and the Uchihas, I'm included of course. But Kakashi is somehow considered to be my guardian now if word gets out that I betrayed the village he might get blamed for it or hated on.

I see him talking to some workers and take a deep breath before approaching him. I know I'm going to get lectured for this crazy plan. "Kakashi-Sensei, can I have a word with you please? Privately?" The fact that I spoke to him politely weirded him out, but he agreed to it anyway.

Once we were alone, I explain the plan to him, with all the details. How I got to the idea, and where I got my information from. "(Y/N)... this is a crazy plan. Do you know the risks you are taking for this?" His reaction is understandable; I'm only going against the entire village...

"I know... but the truth needs to come out! The only real family I have left, people that I share blood with, they are shunned from the village, their home. I know what Itachi did was not right, but it's not like he was given that much of a choice! If the Third Hokage was alive, I'm sure he would have helped, but Danzō and the Elders are the only ones left alive that know the truth behind what really happened that night! They need to pay for their actions, not Itachi or Sasuke!" I try to explain myself more, but his expression is still skeptical about all of it.

"And Naruto agreed to all this?" This is the part that I decided to change. "He did... but I think I'm going to do this alone. I can't drag Naruto into this mess if it goes bad. He has a goal, to be Hokage one day. He can't do that if they label him as a traitor... I can't do that to him. I'm going to try to convince him to stay out of it."

He's not going to like it, but he needs to understand it. Kakashi laughs at my idea of keeping Naruto out it. "If you think Naruto is just going to sit and watch you risk your place in the village alone, then you don't know Naruto." Well, he has a point, but that's why I said I'll try...

Kakashi decides to accept my plan at the end, as in he will let me go through with it, but I ensured him that his name would never come up in any of it, and if it does go wrong, he should not say that he knew anything about all this. Time to find Naruto and convince him to let me follow the plan alone. I need to wish myself luck...

"HUH?!? No way! You're not doing this alone!!" Here we go... "just hear we out Naruto. If this doesn't work, we could get in serious trouble!! You're going to become Hokage one day; you won't be able to do that if they kick you out! Or even worse, kill you!" I try to reason with him.

"I don't care (Y/N)! How can I become Hokage if I can't even save one friend?! Just yesterday you included me in the plan! What happened?" That's true... but yesterday I wasn't thinking that this could fail... "I just don't want to drag you down with me... you have a life here, a future! You can't just throw that away!" Ok damn... I phrased it wrong... "what is that suppose to mean?! Are you saying you don't?! This is your village too! And there is proof now! It's not just my feelings!" This is not going as planned... "You're not going to change your mind...?" I give up... "Nope!" He crosses his arms and looks away with his eyes closed. There is no getting to that thick skull of his!!

Itachi's crow helped us discover where the meeting will be held. The meeting that we will be interrupting... at that meeting, every person who actually means something huge to the village will be there. They will be discussing who will be appointed as the next Hokage, and if the rumors are true, Danzō is a sure choice.