Chapter 20

(Y/N)'s POV:

Finally!! I get to search for the mystery Uchiha!! I'll get to him! I'll get to him before Sasuke does and I won't allow him to kill his brother. He might want to kill him now, but I'm sure he will regret that later. No one will kill his family willingly and not feel anything about it.

"(Y/N)!" I turn around and see Jiraiya at the gate. He was in the village? We are all at the gate waiting to be set off for our mission. "Yes, Jiraiya-San?" He calls me over. "I want you to look after Naruto for me. He already told me about you two and if I know Naruto, I know he will go crazy if something happens to the people he loves and cares about. So please make sure you are safe and look after him." That was different. He acted as a father would... he really cares about Naruto and I know Naruto already sees him as a father figure. "Don't worry Jiraiya-San! You need to look after yourself as well. If something happens to you, I don't need to know Naruto as much as you to know that will kill him." He bursts out laughing loudly, drawing everyone's attention to us. "I knew you were special, kid! You are something else! Don't worry about the old, you youngsters!" Jiraiya is really cool. I wish I trained under him as well. Even if he is a pervert.

"Ok, listen up! We will all go together halfway. That's where we will split into teams and go separate ways to cover more ground and have higher chances of meeting the Uchiha's." Kakashi is seriously the coolest when he acts serious and actually acts like the captain he is! "We will make the teams at the checkpoint where we will split up." We agree to our orders and set out into our mission!

On our way there, "hey (Y/N), what did Ero-Sennin talk to you about?" Hehe, curious Naruto! "Oh nothing really, he just told me to look after my clumsy little fox!" He blushes at my new nickname for him. "I think... I prefer you calling me Uzumaki!" Haha! "Don't worry! That name is still available U.Z.U.M.A.K.I!" He blushes even a darker shade of red when my lips brush his ear. "Oi!! You two! Can you stop flirting! You are making me sick!" Kiba says from the back of our group. "Oh don't be jealous DogBreath! You had your chances with Naruto! Not my fault you didn't see this good stuff till it became mine!" I ruffle Naruto's hair while I laugh. "HUH?! I-I'm not jealous of you!! Augh! Y-You're crazy!!" The entire team laughs at how flustered Kiba got at my answer.

Once we get to the halfway point, we stop and take a rest. This is going to be a long mission... I hope it ends well. I don't want anyone to get hurt... I don't want to lose anyone. "Hey!" Naruto comes and sits next to me. "Can I ask you something?" He sounds serious for some reason. "Of course you can!" I smile to try and lessen his worries. "What are you going to do if we meet Itachi?" Oh... that came out of nowhere. "I'm not really sure. I need to get him to allow me to get close to him first haha. I don't want him killing me before I even ask a question or introduce myself." I laugh it off, but Naruto didn't find it funny. "Please don't joke about that... the last thing I want to think about is you leaving me..." I hate that sad look on Naruto. "I'm sorry. I won't joke about it anymore. So smile for me?" I lean down and look up at his face with a smile on. He looks at me worriedly. "Come on!! Where is my favorite smile?" I kiss the tip of his nose. He looks deeply into my eyes, "Naru-" He cuts me off with a hard kiss! I felt his worry and love for me in that kiss... Naruto has never kissed me that way. He was always gentle and soft, I never knew Naruto could have a tough side like that! He grabs me from the back of my neck and pulls me closer to him deepening the kiss! "Mmm!!" Man... he needs to kiss me more like that!!

When we pull away, I was out of breath and very astonished! No words were coming to mind for them to come out of my mouth. Naruto leans towards me and puts his forehead on mine and whispers. "I really don't want to lose you (Y/N)! You have to stay with me!" This guy... as if I'll choose to leave him! I put my hand on his cheek and I look into his eyes. "You don't have to tell me twice hehe!" I feel Naruto relax a bit and he shows me the smile I've been asking for.