Chapter 26

(Y/N)'s POV:

"What's wrong, silly? If I'm not mistaken, you were about to give up?" I say with a silly smile on my face. The look of shock on Naruto's face would have made me burst in laughter and made me want to tease him if we weren't in such a dangerous situation right now! "(Y/N)...? W-What... what's going on?" He stutters his confusion. "I'm here to save your ass! The Naruto Uzumaki, just lying down on the floor when the fight is just getting started! Tsk Tsk Tsk, I didn't take you for a quitter..." I shake my head dramatically at my fake disappointment, but his response comes back the exact way I want it! "I-I'm not lying down! And I wasn't giving up! I can't move from these stupid rods, ok!! And I don't need you to save me! I need you to get away and get to safety!" Ok, I didn't like that last part.

"Ya, sure, ok! As if I'm leaving you here in this state! Just be quiet for now! I have someone to deal with! And he's a real pain!" I laugh internally at my own joke! God, sometimes I can be really funny!

But it's no time for jokes now!! "Hey! Is a fireball all it took to get rid of you?!" I yell towards Pain. He starts to show once the smoke disappears and he does not look happy. "How did I not sense your presence or your attack?" Really? That's the first thing he has to say? Pshh, Lame! "It's called hiding my presence till last second? Haven't heard of it? For someone who is supposed to be some kind of huge villain, you sure could use a few lessons!" I lecture him.

"You are still annoying... even in a situation like this." He says while closing his eyes, probably trying to calm himself. "Well, that's me! We can't all be Crazy Psychopaths." I shrug my shoulders, and I saw his eye twitch at my comment. "(Y/N)! I'm serious! Get out of here! I lost you once; I won't lose you again! Please!!" Naruto screams from behind me, I can hear the despair in his voice, and I want nothing but to make him feel better and do as he asks if that's what it takes.

BUT! I can't just leave him here! Not with Pain right there! He was almost taken away! I will not let that happen! "Naruto! I get it ok! I know! But I can't leave you here like this! You don't want to lose me, and I don't want to lose you! I will not stand by and watch him take you away! I will fight! For you! For this village! You changed my life, Naruto! If I lose you now... I don't know what I'll do.

"There will be no point in me staying here. You taught me teamwork; you taught me what friends are for and how much we can have fun! You taught to fight for something I believe in! And now, I'm going to stand here and protect you! It's really simple dummy... It's cause I love you!" I look back at him and smile a sincere smile, I was hoping he would return the look, but all was written on his face was fear.

I look at the rods sticking out of his body and look back at Pain. I don't know why he hasn't made his move yet, but I can't prolong this anymore. I need to get Naruto out of those, and we need to get rid of Pain! He destroyed the village! He will pay for that! I sneakily grab a Shuriken from my pouch, charge it with Chakra. I have to be quick about this. I throw the Shuriken at Pain and instantly turn around pull one rod from Naruto's leg! One down, six more to go!

Before I could grab the other one, I was somehow pushed away! When I look up, Pain is still standing in the same place... how did he do that? I charge again towards Naruto, but I was pulled towards Pain this time! What the hell is going on here?!

"Enough of our games! This is futile! You will die here! And I will take the Kyuubi!" He says as he grabs me from my collar and as if I'll let that happen! "He is Naruto! Not Kyuubi, and he is not yours to take!" I pull my body up and try to kick him in the face or anywhere really! Just to get me away from him! Once I'm free, I charge up again and throw another fireball at him!

Using the smoke as a barrier between us, I run back to Naruto and grab another rod to pull out! I feel my energy and Chakra being sucked from me. "Damn these rods... why did he have to put so many!" I struggle to take the second one more than the first one. "(Y/N) enough! Get out here!" I ignore Naruto while still pulling the rod. Once it's out, I let out a small laugh and grab the third one. At least I thought I caught it... Next thing I know I was flying in the air! "(Y/N)!!!" Naruto screamed!