Chapter 10

(Y/N)'s POV:

"Guys... where is Naruto?" I ask as I notice that Naruto wasn't with us anymore. Where did he go? Didn't he come back to give his report? "Where did that idiot go now?" Sakura asks as she looks around. This isn't like him. Naruto can be clueless sometimes, but I don't think he would just leave if it weren't important...

I close my eyes and try to concentrate on my senses and the things around me. If he is close by, I'll be able to sense him. Naruto's chakra is powerful... even though sometimes I detect something dangerous with it, I can still distinguish it. "(Y/N)? What are you doing?" I shush Sakura to concentrate. "What? We need to look for Naruto. Come on!" I shush her again; what part of the shushing does she not understand? "(Y/-)"

"Got him! He's that way!" I point in the direction we came from. Did he head back home alone? He wouldn't. I run in the direction Naruto went to, following my senses. I heard Sakura yell for me, but I needed to catch up with Naruto before I lose him. I know they are following me.

Where is Naruto headed? I try to enlarge my sensing circle to see what he could be heading to. But I don't sense anything ahead. What could be so important that would make Naruto follow it at such a speed?

Naruto started slowing down. I make sure nothing is around us. The last thing we need is Mr. Piercings and Origami girl to come back and catch up when our group is split like that. I stop in one tree and look ahead. The tree stood on a small cliff. I can now see Naruto standing down there, looking around. What is he looking for?

Kakashi and the others are still behind, but they will catch up any minute now. I look closer at Naruto; he seems restless, worried. He's in a hurry. I should go to him and drag him back home. However, it doesn't look like I'll be able to pull him anywhere or persuade him to leave this place. Not until he finds whatever he is looking for.

Wait! This immense chakra! It... it feels... evil! Where is it coming from? Wait... it's not alone. Suddenly I sensed two different chakras, that makes it three with the immense one... I need to get Naruto away from here. However when I look towards him...

"WATCH OUT!" I jump towards naruto and block the flying Shuriken that was going to go into his back. "(Y-Y/N)!! What are you doing here?" Naruto was shocked by my sudden appearance. I decide to answer him with a little tease, "you should always be on the lookout! But I guess it's fine, after all, I'll always have your back Uzumaki!" Ah! I just love the expression he gets when I call him that. "I-I told you to stop calling me that!!"

That's when the three chakras I sensed landed right in front of us. A girl with fiery red hair, a boy with white hair and... Oh my God! Those are shark teeth?! And the boy standing in front of them... he sent chills down my spine! He looked a bit familiar, but I didn't know from where. No, this isn't a memory. It just feels like I've seen him recently. Then Naruto spoke, "...Sasuke..."

HUH?!

"Wait, wait, wait!! THIS! Is Sasuke?! As in Uchiha Sasuke?! Your best friend?!" I am astonished by this information. I look at Naruto, who is still looking at Sasuke. I look back at Sasuke, who is glaring at Naruto... what is up with these two...? I knew I recognized him somewhere! Just like Naruto, they grew up a lot, but their looks didn't change much, just matured!

"I thought Sasuke died?!" Well, at least that got Naruto's attention. His head spins so fast towards me; I thought it was going to crack. "HUH?! What gave you that idea?!" Did I misunderstand something? "I asked you if he was gone... you said yes. You kept talking about him in the past! How am I suppose to know?!" I kept looking back and forth between Naruto and Sasuke. "Gone as in he left the village! Not dead! And we were talking about when were kids! How else am I suppose to talk?!" Ok, he has a good point. Oops.