Chapter 21

Naruto's POV:

We got back to the village yesterday night. When we reported back to Tsunade, I asked about (Y/N)'s mission, but she wouldn't tell me anything. At least I know she isn't back in the village and I'm starting to worry. How much longer will she be out? Where is she? Does she need back up? I tried asking Tsunade to let me follow her and help, but they won't let me leave the village alone since I'm being targeted by the Akatsuki.

Today morning, I woke up with a headache. I have a terrible feeling today, but it's probably just my worries for (Y/N) not being home yet, and I just hate it. I never thought I would actually get attached to someone this much; I still find it hard to believe that she feels the same way haha. It always makes me grin just thinking about the fact that she's mine! If it were up to me, I would stay in the village with her, and we would just spend all our time together, and I won't let anyone look at her for more than five seconds!

When I stepped out of the house, an ANBU was there; he told me to go to the Hokage's office right now. What is so urgent this early in the morning? Oh, my God! Maybe it's about (Y/N)! I rush to the office, and when I enter, everyone was already there. Sakura, Kakashi, and Sai. They don't look happy at all. These are looks of pity... what happened?

"What's going on? Why is there an old grandpa frog in your office Baa-Chan?" No one answers me. Tsunade is looking at me with the saddest eyes I've ever seen. "Naruto... I don't know how to tell you this... this is the toad that trained Jiraiya, his name is Fukasaku." Woah! He trained Jiraiya? "Wow! That's so cool! Haha! Ero-Sennin is crazy strong! You must be a good teacher haha." The toad looks at Tsunade and back at me. "This is young Jiraiya's student?" Tsunade nods. "I guess I'll just say it. Jiraiya was killed in battle." What... "What... did you just say?" He continues. "Jiraiya faced Pain, the leader of the Akatsuki. He was one of his former students. He had the Rinnegan, but there were six others with the same eyes." I don't care about that stuff... this is not a funny joke. "Six people with the Rinnegan?" That's the last thing I hear Kakashi says. The rest was just a buzz around me.

"Baa-Chan..., were you the one who sent him out there?" I look up at her with a dark look on my face. "Yes." She answers so easily. I start yelling at her! How could she do this?! She knew him the best in the world! How can she send him to such a dangerous place!? I'm done here. I turn to leave the office, but when I get to the door. "Wait, Naruto. There's more." What else could there be that's worse than this! I turn the knob, "I sent (Y/N) after him." I felt my world crash.

"YOU WHAT?!" I was not the only who yelled this time; Kakashi was my yelling companion. I look at him from a side glance and see complete fear and sadness in his eyes. I guess since he knew her as a kid, to lose her a second time walloped him. I think his word crashed as well. "What the hell do you mean?" She lets out a sigh and starts to explain. "I had a gut feeling that something bad was going to happen with Jiraiya, I didn't trust anyone to go check on him except her. I knew she would go. And she did." Are you kidding me? "You knew she would go and you sent her after Jiraiya-Sama to such a dangerous place? I get her skills are high level, but she is still a kid! She's only fifteen! WHAT COULD SHE HAVE DONE AGAINST AN ENEMY EVEN JIRAIYA-SAMA COULDN'T HANDLE!?" Kakashi couldn't contain his anger. My hands were shaking... did I seriously lose the two most important people in my life at once...?

"I believed she would get there and provide back up or help in some way for an escape. Fukasaku came and told me he didn't see (Y/N). I guess he escaped before she got there. I don't have news on (Y/N)... but if Jiraiya lost before she got there, maybe she won't find anything and come back." Maybe? Seriously? "You're basing her survivor on a maybe...?" I feel my legs are going to give out.

Tsunade was going to say something but the door was burst open. "HOKAGE-SAMA!!!" A ninja comes in looking shocked and frantic. "W-We need you at the hospital... it's extremely urgent!" What is he so scared about? I got the worst news of my life. "Kakashi-Sensei, Naruto-Kun. You were requested as well." What? Why?