Chapter 16

(Y/N)'s POV:

Why the hell is Sakura worried about Naruto!? Why am I always the one out of the loop!!? Before Naruto could take off, I stop everyone from moving with my yelling. "Now hold on just a minute! I'm sick of always being outside the damn loop! If I'm part of this team, I need to know everything! Why the hell is Sakura worried about Naruto?!" I huff and look at every one. Naruto was a bit surprised that I snapped. Kakashi didn't react, and Sakura found the floor very interesting.

"(Y/N)... we need to save Gaara. I'll tell you everything after, ok?" Naruto tries to reason, but I wasn't having it. "It's always later, later and later! There is always something that stops everyone from telling me. I'm sick of it! Stop asking me for information about myself, if you won't share yours." Everyone was quiet. They don't have answers. Naruto apologizes but leaves anyway.

Halfway through, Kakashi stops us. "We need to stop and rest. We are starting to slow down." Naruto tried objecting, but Kakashi argued with logic, and that's how we ended up camping. I sat at the trunk of a tree with my back leaned on it. I keep looking at Naruto; I'm not blind, I can see that he's not enjoying it. He's suffering. He wants to save his friend.

However, every time I'm on a mission, at least one thing happens where I feel lost, and I don't know what they are talking about. I don't want to feel like that anymore. I want to be on equal terms! After a while, I hear a voice from behind, on the other side of the tree. "Hey, can we talk?" I guess it's okay. "Sure thing. What do you need Uzumaki?" I hear him chuckle. "You really like to call me that, don't you?" Yup. I answer with a 'Hm.' "I prefer you call me Naruto, but you're going to stick to Uzumaki, aren't you?" Another 'Hm.' "It seems I'm getting you upset a lot these days... but I really do promise, once Gaara is safe, I'll tell you everything." I accept.

In the middle of the night, while everyone is asleep. I get up and make sure no one wakes up. Kakashi said we would only sleep for a couple of hours, so I don't have much time. I look at Naruto one last time before I leave. I'll finish this off!

I follow the directions that Kakashi had told us, and I arrive at the entrance of the hideout. There was a big boulder that was blocking the entrance, and there was a seal on it. The same seal Sai and I dealt with. Those were annoying. Every time we removed one, we had to fight a clone or an explosion will go off! I activate my Sharingan and see inside the boulder; there is a huge statue inside. I look around more and find someone floating, having something being sucked out of them. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that's Gaara, he is dying! I need to get in now!

I pull the seal off and thankfully this one was the explosion type! The explosion was big enough to break the boulder, and I was now inside. I directly used my Fireball Jutsu at the people there, and whatever they were doing got interrupted. And Gaara was dropped.

I run towards him and cushion his fall a bit by jumping and holding him before hitting the floor. He was barely conscious. "Kazekage! I'm with Konoha! We are here to save you! I need you to get up and protect yourself!" I urge him to wake up! Then I hear a voice I recognize, "Finish her Deidara! She will be a headache!" Mr. Piercings!

Just like Temari said, there are two people here... A blonde who I'm guessing is Deidara and a weird looking person. Probably Sasori. I grab Gaara and jump out of the cave. "Ok girlie. Give us back our Jinchuriki, and we might not hurt you." As pretty as he is... and as shiny and stylish, his hair is... Deidara is the enemy! I need to take him down. But I'm in a pickle! If I fight Deidara, Sasori will attach Gaara. I should have woken up Sai with me...

"Kazekage-Sama! Wake up! Naruto is coming to save you! He needs you to stay alive!! Wake up!! For Naruto!" Mentioning the blonde, I mean the blonde idiot, not the enemy. It got me a reaction out of Gaara. "N-Naruto... is here?" I don't have time to explain. "Not yet! But if he's going to come and find us dead, he won't be happy! I was told you have a sand shield! Please use it to protect yourself; I'll deal with the enemy." I put him down next to the cave wall and stand in front of him to protect him. "Y-You won't be able to fight alone... they're strong." You're dying and worrying about me. I can see why Naruto likes you. "Don't worry about me, Kazekage! I don't have a village to lead and protect! My mission is to protect you at the moment! Now use your sand!" I give him a wide grin as Naruto does, and once I see him disappear inside his sand shield, I run away from him to attract the enemy!