{9}Basic Training

💼Chapter 9💼
Basic Training

   You were fast asleep on the surgery bed, rage flooding into your heart at the thought of meeting your father again.

💼💼💼

   Ayato was halfway to being unconscious, he was on his knees, his eyes half closed, and blood running down his face.
Shinohara raised his quinque and was about hit him with the final blow when you intervened, "Stop!"
You spread your arms open, blocking Ayato.
"So, your little ghoulfriend came to pick you up?"
"Yes, and this 'ghoulfriend' of his, just so happens to be the daughter of Special Class Investigator Shinohara.
Which makes me,"  You took off your mask to reveal your face to your father.
He stood there in shock, letting the quinque in his hands slip out of his grasp.

💼💼💼

"Hey, hey, get up!" Ayato stood there with his hands in his pockets, one leg on the rail of the bed, kicking it continuously.
"Yeah, Yeah, I'm awake!"
You jumped up, pulling the strings that were attached to you.
"Ah.." You winced at it, it was like leaches that refused to release themselves from you.
"Oh for heaven's sake," he growled impatiently, pulling off all that was attached to you.
"Ahoww!" You wined.
"Get up, we've got training.." He said, leaving the room for you to change your clothes.

💼💼💼

    You were done getting prepared to train and apparently, Eto hand left some clothes for you.
You wore a (color) spaghetti strapped vest, a (color) hoodie and a blue shorts with knee-high socks.
"Took your ass long enough.." He said as you opened the door to meet him.
"So, what are we gonna do?"
"Have you eaten yet, in your current state?"
"No.."
"That means you haven't summoned your Kakugan, much less your Kagune.." He said.
"So you're make me activate it?"
"Yeah, what else am I gonna make you do?"
     Ayato tossed you a brown package that was neatly folded, "What's this?" You asked, looking at it strangely.
"Give it a good smell and then you tell me," he smirked, waiting to see your reaction.
You held it up to your nose and gave it a good sniff, "It smells so good, just like the food my mom used to make.."
And slowly, your iris was engulfed with black and was followed with red veins that led to the pupil which turned into a deep crimson red. 
"Hmm.." Ayato hummed with a grin, chuckling to himself at the fact that you didn't know that it was activated.
"Good job, on activating your Kakugan.." He congratulated you.
"Huh? It's on? I didn't notice.."
"Why don't you give that piece of meat a sample, you'll like it even more than the taste.."
   You closed your eyes, imagining like it's the regular food you eat, like it's your favourite food (favourite food name).
You bit it and chewed it for a while then swallowed it, "...it...it.. it tastes good!"
"But be careful, not to become a binge eater. It'll attract too much attention to us and we'll have no choice but to kill you."
"Okay," you said, savoring the last few bites that remained of the piece of flesh..
"Now come, let's get you to activate your Kagune."