{19}Stepping on Broken Glass

💼Chapter 19💼
FINAL CHAPTER

Broken Glass

    The war was over, barely half of Aogiri's members hadn't come back. You hadn't taken part in the war since Ayato was still was still in a critical condition.
Two new members were recruited, one being a little girl and the other you had no idea about.
You were walking down the halls when you saw Eto. You usually greeted her but you heard what had happened. But she stopped you.
"Your father is in a coma in the hospital. You should check on him." She said, before walking off.
    You stood in front of the hospital, pride strangling the little sympathy left in you.
"Okay then, use the window." You mumbled as you walked to the side and jumped as high as you can, luckily, you saw the room were he was staying.
Juuzou sat at his bedside, holding his hand an stroking it gently and his lips moved silently as though saying a prayer or singing a soft song.
"Can I come in?" You sat on the ledge of the window as you knocked the glass to gain Juuzou's attention.
   He shot his head up, then adorned his lips with a wary smile. "Sure, it'd be rude to let you go back down using the dumpster, right?"
"How'd you think I made it up here in the first place?" He chuckled lightly at your response, then sighed sadly.
"Um.. I brought flowers."
"Yeah, the vase is right over there." He pointed.
You threw out the old flowers that already had been wilting and filled the vase with the new flowers you had brought.
    You stood and looked at him for a minute. The sound of his slow heart rate filled the room, killing some silence.
"Look, I never wanted things to be this way. And I know you didn't either, but it has to be this way. For the better, for my safety and yours.
You probably don't want to see me after what I said to you back at Cochlea."

"And I am suffering every single day, because of you. You didn't even tried to save me, not even mom.."

"

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. I just want to let you know that I love you, and I hope that you still see me as you daughter. Because I still see you as my father, after all, you did help bring me into this world. Didn't you?" You touched his hand. As you were about to leave, his weakly grabbed onto yours.
You looked back at him with teary eyes, leaning in to kiss his forehead.
"It has to be this way. Goodbye." You let go of his hand and was about to jump out the window.
"The fight's not over." Juzzou said.
"Hm?" You looked back at him.
"The fight's not over. I won't let you get away next time, that's a promise." He smiled with his watery eyes at you.
"Yeah, I'm looking forward to it."

💼💼💼