{18}Glassy Sky III

💼Chapter 18💼
Glassy Sky III

  It dropped you and Ayato atop a random building while it flew away with Kaneki.
"Ayato, are you okay?" You crawled over to his side.
"Yeah.. I'm alright.." He said nearly out of breath, trying to get up.
"No no, stay down. Your injuries are to severe for you to get up." You laid him back down.
"You aren't going to recover any time soon so," You tore off your sleeve. "Here,"
  He held your hand and bit into your forearm, tearing off a piece of flesh. You winced as he bit deeper into your forearm, tearing off another piece of flesh.
"Yeah, that's good enough." He loosened his grip around your hand.
"The best thing to do is wait here until someone comes.." You said, pressing the button on your earpiece.
"Hello, is anyone there?"
"This is Tatara, (Name), where are you?"
"Was it Eto that picked us up?"
"No, it was another Owl."
"I thought there was only one."
"It's the first one. Which direction has it taken you?"
"It took us North West, then dropped us on a building near a bank and a radio station."
"We'll be right over.." He said, cutting off the conversation.
   You sat there, looking at how beaten-up Ayato was from fighting your father.
"I'm sorry.."
"What for?" He sat up and braced his back against yours.
"For my father, you know, beating you up and stuff." You sighed, "I know it was wrong of me to intervene in the fight, since you were fighting for your father's honor and all. But if I didn't intervene," You paused for a while,"you would've died, and you know I wouldn't allow that.."
He held your hand and tighten his grip around it. "What a heck of a birthday.
This is the craziest one I've ever had.."
"What made this 'birthday' crazy?"
"Fighting my best friend, my boyfriend almost died at the hands of my father, facing my dad as a ghoul.."
"Yeah, that's messed up.."
   A helicopter revealed itself in the distance, "I think it's them.."
You stood up and waved them off, showing them where you and Ayato were.
It hovered above you and rolled down a ladder for you to climb.
You placed Ayato's hand around your neck and climbed up the ladder.
   You watched as ambulance and trucks pulled up at the Headquarters to carry away the injured and the dead. "Well this wasn't a victory, nor was it a defeat."